Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Nobody Calls Earl a Chicken

World Series Event #21 - $1,500 No Limit Shootout. Lots of people refer to this as the event that Daniel Negreanu and Erick Lindgren both final tabled, but the REAL story of the event happened on day 1 at a starting table.

They were down to three players, only one of which would advance to the second table. The blinds were 100/200, and no player had less than 9,000 or more than 11,000 chips. In other words, they were all dead even with around 50 big blinds to work with.

A gray haired older main (at least 60) was on the button. No messing around for him; none of that raise to 600 [censored].

“All-in” he announced, as he confidently pushed his stack forward.

The small blind folded. The big blind was a young innocent faced southern kid that couldn’t have been over 23 years old.

With his deep southern accent he said, “Gee, I really like this hand. I don’t know if I can fold it.”

The old dude on the button stood up. “Baaawk! Bok-Bok-Bok Baaawk!” He was bawking like a chicken, with the chicken wing arms flapping and everything.

The young kid stood up in anger. “Nobdy calls Earl a chicken!” He picked his cards up and windmill slammed them face up on the table: Ace Seven. “I call!” The old guy flipped over jacks.

The ragged flop looked good for the old man, but the seven on the turn, and the seven on the river gave young Earl the best hand.

The old man was found retelling the story later in his cash game. He talked about his critical mistake and felt really bad about it because he would have still had a ton of chips if he hadn’t started bawking at Earl. I don’t think it ever once crossed his mind that he actually wanted the call from A7.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Nobody Calls Earl a Chicken

lol i hope the camera's caught this
Old 07-05-2007, 05:14 PM

hahahaha that's funny as [censored], man the WSOP is a donkfest [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-05-2007, 05:19 PM

ZJ i hate you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] this is my story, its leaving out some integral parts but this is all pretty much exactly true, excepte for the fact that he recounted it to me outside the rio instead of in a cash game. And ZJ only knows the story cuz i told it at the bellagio table to him imperium colson and JC. Either way, cardplayer took the story from me and they wrote a small thing about it and it was also the 2nd page story in that wsop pamphlet they release each day. either way, when anyone sees me around, ask me for the story, its told much better in person. you can all ask for it tonight at bellagio
Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM

I so wish this story wasnt true. this type of ignorance from fellow humans hurts me worse than a tooth ache
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fact that he recounted it to me outside the rio instead of in a cash game. And ZJ only knows the story cuz i told it at the bellagio

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I kind of doubted some of the details in the story until I heard it all retold to me by a friend that heard it first hand from the old guy after playing in a cash game with him.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:36 PM

I could see people doubting the story when i tell it, but as you now know its 100 % true and terrifying.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:12 PM

I don’t think it ever once crossed his mind that pushing 50BB with JJ is insanely retarded.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t think it ever once crossed his mind that pushing 50BB with JJ is insanely retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, it wasn't. Do you see why?
Old 07-05-2007, 06:38 PM

his jutsification to me as to why he shoved is hilarious... he told me that the sb had palyed literally 30 consecutive hands and was going crazy so he shoved hoping the sb would call just to keep teh streak going lolol