Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Here is a great idea on how to beat bookies

I believe you are up 8K based more on being a solid capper than just because you got a line at -110 vs Bodog. That is all I am saying. This isn't a great idea to beat a bookie. That is why you don't read anything about this on Covers. If your bookie is 20c or more off what Vegas is dealing than you have a dumb bookie who is gonna get what he deserves. Most bookies are not this way.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:47 PM

Well I have to disagree with you on that, most local bookies who don't take any interstate bets will be that way
Old 11-26-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know that play doesnt fall under that category, after doing some research I picked it on my own.

Well brendan lets follow this for a few weeks and see how I do, If I loose than please feel free to flame away, I have won over 8k now, I know its hard just to takes someones word for it, therefore I will post my plays prior the game so you can check them out and see how I do for myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

ur not getting it.

Fact - line shopping is $$$.

we don't need you to prove it by posting plays.

again, please lock thread thanks!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will start a new post so people can follow how these games with these lines go, see if my system works, like I said I have won lots of money from bookies and have collected most of it, I will post some tips I believe might be helpfull, please don't put abusive posts here and in the new post, all I am trying to do is help people beat local bookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that posting a new thread about this is really warranted.
All it will be is, "I saw -125 on Pinny...my bookie gave me -110...I won so I profited!!!"

This is really no different than basic line-shopping as far as I can see.
If we had seperate threads for every single person who was able to take advantage of a bookie or site giving them a bad line then this place would suck.
Of course you should take the better line when it's available to you.
This isn't really a "system" though. You have an inept bookie or two who are giving you bad lines...and now you want to make a thread to track your own personal results with this inept bookie.

[/ QUOTE ]Yup.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:15 PM

romanwarrior you are being ignorant. I know people from around the country who have bet with locals for 20 years. Most locals do not give -110 lines on everything. You are again being stupid.

You trying to tell us you have bet with locals in many states and they always give ya these lines? Really how many locals have you bet with? 2 or 3?

Any locals in Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky and Ohio that I have met do follow those Vegas lines and do adjust.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe you are up 8K based more on being a solid capper than just because you got a line at -110 vs Bodog. That is all I am saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what you are saying is false brendan. He's hitting rogue lines from a square book, not picking winnnahs.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please let me know if that makes more sense now

[/ QUOTE ]

What you are saying is so incredibly basic that it makes sense to EVERYONE on here.
Are you just pretending to not get the complaints in this thread? You are not doing anything new. You are getting better lines than are being offered elsewhere. Obviously there is going to be better value in those lines.
Nobody is disputing this.

Your long-winded explanation may just as well have been going on and on and on about "when the spread in a football game is -7 then that means that bookies think one team is 7 points better than the other. So if somebody offers you this game at only 3 points then that is a good deal for you."

You aren't tracking anything except your own personal success with a bookie offering you extremely favorable lines.
Do you understand?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.covers.com, surprisingly I searched on there and couldn't find anything similar to what I proposed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone has heard of covers. We refer to it frequently.
If you knew what you were looking at you would understand that a lot of what is being discussed is no different than what you are proposing.

I'm sorry I'm getting rude here but it's already been explained to you several times in this thread and you seem no closer to understanding than at the beginning. This is not a 'system'. It's you finding favorable lines.
People do this all the time. Like non-stop. Like people keep saying over and over again that "line-shopping is critically important."

They consult Pinny for the 'true' line and then know that when they find a line that is significantly different than that then there is likely value.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe you are up 8K based more on being a solid capper than just because you got a line at -110 vs Bodog. That is all I am saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what you are saying is false brendan. He's hitting rogue lines from a square book, not picking winnnahs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was being sarcastic. I don't believe anything he is saying. Let me make that clear. I don't believe he has a local giving him lines that are -150 or more everywhere for -110 who is a paying well established bookie. I can't wait til we here from OP that his bookie ran with his winnings.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:44 PM

I don't bet enough with one guy to run away with the money, and we settle up after every week, I actually have 3 different guys and if I bet more than 200 a game I will spread it out along those guys, that way even if one will run away the others will still pay. Please just follow my picks and see were we stand in 2 weeks thats all I ask for, than if I am not up I will apologize for wasting your time and will stop posting in this thread thats all.