Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Here is a great idea on how to beat bookies

[ QUOTE ]
Yes but also keep in mind pinnacle is not available for usa customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are not saying to bet on Pinnacle. We are just saying to look at Pinnacle's lines for sake of comparison.

Just get used to the negative posts. They are not gonna stop. Some of them may contain constructive criticism, but just be prepared to ignore any that don't.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will start a new post so people can follow how these games with these lines go, see if my system works, like I said I have won lots of money from bookies and have collected most of it, I will post some tips I believe might be helpfull, please don't put abusive posts here and in the new post, all I am trying to do is help people beat local bookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that posting a new thread about this is really warranted.
All it will be is, "I saw -125 on Pinny...my bookie gave me -110...I won so I profited!!!"

This is really no different than basic line-shopping as far as I can see.
If we had seperate threads for every single person who was able to take advantage of a bookie or site giving them a bad line then this place would suck.
Of course you should take the better line when it's available to you.
This isn't really a "system" though. You have an inept bookie or two who are giving you bad lines...and now you want to make a thread to track your own personal results with this inept bookie.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes but also keep in mind pinnacle is not available for usa customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? You can still look at the lines. They are far more efficient than the square Bodog lines.

Also, your post doesn't really help people other than to illustrate the importance of line shopping.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Ok Lets keep it in this thread than, lets look at it from another point of view. BTW I checked pinnacle lines and bodog for a hockey games tonight and they are very similar.

A game is -130 for a reason. Lets take pinnacle line
Mon 11/26 7 Columbus Blue Jackets
OVER 5.5 +126
UNDER 5.5 -136 Columbus Blue Jackets

Actually bodog line is better lol its only -135.
Anyways to bet this game under 5.5 you have to lay 135 to win 100 the reason this is because linemakers believe that this game will stay under 6 or 7 out of 10 times, thats why the juice is higher. Now if you get this game at -110 you are going to be a winner in a long run because 6 or 7 out of 10 times you will win, as if you are betting 135 to win 100 you will break even in the long run and will loose the juice. So if you pick these games only that have higher probablity of accuring according to the lines online IN THE LONG RUN you will crush your bookies since most of them will give -110 line.

Please let me know if that makes more sense now
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM

Yesterday I bet seattle -3 3.5 units winner
also bet philly +24.5 1 unit winner

so far 2-0 + 4.5 units, tonights games are:

nhl
buffalo vs washington over 5.5 -125 on bodog -116 on pinny
columbus vs edmonton under 5.5 -135 on bodog -136 on pinny
1 unit a piece ONLY IF YOU CAN GET THEM AT -110 with your bookie
Old 11-26-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will start a new post so people can follow how these games with these lines go, see if my system works, like I said I have won lots of money from bookies and have collected most of it, I will post some tips I believe might be helpfull, please don't put abusive posts here and in the new post, all I am trying to do is help people beat local bookies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure that posting a new thread about this is really warranted.
All it will be is, "I saw -125 on Pinny...my bookie gave me -110...I won so I profited!!!"

This is really no different than basic line-shopping as far as I can see.
If we had seperate threads for every single person who was able to take advantage of a bookie or site giving them a bad line then this place would suck.
Of course you should take the better line when it's available to you.
This isn't really a "system" though. You have an inept bookie or two who are giving you bad lines...and now you want to make a thread to track your own personal results with this inept bookie.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, lock it up plz.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:45 PM

I'm gonna be nice and sum up what people are trying to tell you Roman (albeit rudely in some cases)
You seem like a guy interested in sports and betting that haven't spent much time reading on forums like this, you've hit bullseye when it comes to a fundamental part of winning at sports, namely finding lines better than general consensus and thus having value.

This is common knowledge though and every day there are tons and tons of situations where you could find such opportunities, so do yourself a favor and save the energy it takes to post the games you find.
If every bettor in here would do this the forum would be filled with 200page threads where people share their 100 daily bets where they found these spots.
Grats on your wins and good luck in the future.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM

There is another forum that I read frequently and it is all about sportbetting, it is www.covers.com, surprisingly I searched on there and couldn't find anything similar to what I proposed. And on there thousands of people post their picks and records, so I will try that on here for alittle bit and if mods think it doesn't belong here please lock or let me know thanks,
Also adding

pitt vs miami over 38 1/2 putting this one in for 2 units.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:22 PM

Just as Limp put it, line shopping is common sense. Put it this way though, even if you get lines 10c or better than the norm, if you are still shiatty at picking plays, like are always on favs and overs, even getting slightly better lines doesn't mean much. Just stops the bleeding if you are a dumba$$.

Also that over is at 37.5 -104 on MB now. Way better than your bookies line at -110.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:25 PM

I know that play doesnt fall under that category, after doing some research I picked it on my own.

Well brendan lets follow this for a few weeks and see how I do, If I loose than please feel free to flame away, I have won over 8k now, I know its hard just to takes someones word for it, therefore I will post my plays prior the game so you can check them out and see how I do for myself.