Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-01-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: daryn

[ QUOTE ]
have you any idea how bad oot would be without mods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-01-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be that much different from how it has always been. Tons of dreck with some pretty good threads.

I've always thought that the big thing that 2+2 had going for it in terms of signal-to-noise was the partitioning into a wide range of forums. The lack of something like that seems like a lot of the reason RGP ended up as a mess once the volume went up.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:27 PM

i don't think you realise how much spam and zero-content threads are deleted. this isn't the old days with a very small group of posters. without mods OOT would be an absolute trash heap.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:34 PM

i disagree. oot was fine before moderation came. there was a great mix of smart people and stupid people and the best threads were the ones where smart people ganged up and made fun of the stupid people.

people bbv4life evolved into its own thing where people deliberately try to be stupid and type 1st at the beginning of each thread, yet there are still many more funny threads in bbv4life than there are in oot. the EDF, Lounge and OOT split ultimately proved to be retarded.

half the time i only open oot and EDF because it takes too much time to open 12 different boards everytime i visit the site. if everything was in the same place, you wouldnt miss good threads as often and unlike everyone else i have never had a problem quickly figuring out which threads are worth opening and which threads arent. i dont know why someone needs a Mod to delete "How do I rent a car online" because they cant physically avoid opening it???

plus, ive been banned about 25 times in threads where half the people wrote "this is the funniest thing ever" and the other half wrote "this is either the funniest thing ever or you are the meanest person i earth. please die either way". so right off the bat you know that MODS suck.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it would be that much different from how it has always been. Tons of dreck with some pretty good threads.

I've always thought that the big thing that 2+2 had going for it in terms of signal-to-noise was the partitioning into a wide range of forums. The lack of something like that seems like a lot of the reason RGP ended up as a clusterfuck once the volume went up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are incremental improvements due to modding, this can't really be argued imo. But I think this is mainly in the spamming, T&C violation realm.

The "subjective" modding that takes place is unnecessary to the health of 2p2 forum activity. I think NT! does a fine job, as did [censored] (the pioneer of subjective 2p2 modding), and on a personal level I find the whole thing hilarious, but if you take it away, nothing is really lost. I'm of the "invisible modding" school of thought.

Also - Diablo isn't posting anymore? He's easily the best poster on 2p2, that would be a real shame for the site.

-Al
Old 11-01-2007, 02:40 PM

So is anyone going to explain what Daryn's deal is, or are the insiders smugly content to remain as insiders? Or is there nothing to report?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You think BBV4L doesn't have mods!!!

[ QUOTE ]
plus, ive been banned about 25 times ... MODS suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had been banned 25 times, I would ultimately come to the conclusion that it isn't the mods who suck....
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing here is that it's a daryn appreciation thread and DD came in and crapped on it. I think that was kind of uncool and the profanity filter thing seems to be sufficient reason to ban. Also, his gimmick/second account was poorly executed: he should have aired his grievances at festivus and not here. Not only is that the right place for it but it prevents him from crapping on the Daryn Appreciation Thread AGAIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn has always been alright by me.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Al,

Not sure what this whole "Diablo not posting" talk is about.