Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Taj Mahal Limit Games

Been a long time lurker, but decided to make my first post.

I come to Atlantic City to play poker once every 2 or 3 months. I noticed that I play with the same people every time I play 10-20 limit or 20-40 limit at the Taj Mahal. Does the Taj Mahal have prop players or some kind of deal with the players? It seems like every time I goto the Taj Mahal, I play with the same people. I also noticed that they all get rooms there on the weekend, and every time I try to make a reservation, they are sold out and have no rooms available for poker rate on weekends.

It also seems like everybody are friends or know each other and I notice alot of the Middle Eastern and Koreans give money back to each other. Some of the names I heard often was Sang (Asian), Jeff (tall white guy with sunglasses, Sammy (Asian), Ricky (Middle Eastern) and Eugene (Korean). There are alot more players, but I cannot remember the names off the top of my head. Are these players affiliated with the Taj Mahal in any way and do other people share the same opinion? Any tips on getting poker rate rooms? Thanks
Old 10-29-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Taj Mahal Limit Games

I don't believe there are any prop players in AC. The Taj certainly doesn't need it for weekend play.

Those guys are just regulars.

You will never be able to get a poker room rate the day of on the weekend in AC. For the Taj and Borgata, you have to have high past history play, plus you have to reserve well in advance.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Atlantic City games (any - but especially middle limits) are chock full of the same people every time. Just the way the games are, and quite frankly its not normally a bad thing. Plenty of these guys are not that good.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:10 PM

I love the Taj...I hope to be playing 10-20 soon...I'm pretty much a regular at the 5/10 game on weekends

I sometimes get to play with the 10/20 scrubs that can't get into the game or they are licking their wounds from getting steam rolled at the higher limits. I love those guys... they can't even beat 5/10...
Old 10-29-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love the Taj...I hope to be playing 10-20 soon...I'm pretty much a regular at the 5/10 game on weekends

I sometimes get to play with the 10/20 scrubs that can't get into the game or they are licking their wounds from getting steam rolled at the higher limits. I love those guys... they can't even beat 5/10...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha I'd be surprised if they could be 2/4 or 3/6
Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have they been getting more than 1 5/10 table on weekends lately? I was there a couple weekends ago and it was a good game but there was only 1 running for most of the day and it broke by 3 or 4 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Sometimes 2 tables at most...but usually just 1. What really sucks is the waitlist trying to get into the game... Sometimes, I would wait up to an hour and that's when I was next on the waitlist!! Here's a question: What makes more money, a 1/2 NL table or 5/10. The rake is the same 10%/$4 cap, but since limit almost always goes to the river and I would think it makes more money than a 1/2 NL game. I ask this because the floor is always reluctant to open a new 5/10 game in favor of a 1/2 nl...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM

What? If you stay out of Taj for YEARS, the same people will be there, when you return. Same way all over the country, where you find a decent poker room. They are not waiting specifically for you to show up, and they don't play for the "house".

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed that I play with the same people every time I play 10-20 limit or 20-40 limit at the Taj Mahal....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes 2 tables at most...but usually just 1. What really sucks is the waitlist trying to get into the game... Sometimes, I would wait up to an hour and that's when I was next on the waitlist!! Here's a question: What makes more money, a 1/2 NL table or 5/10. The rake is the same 10%/$4 cap, but since limit almost always goes to the river and I would think it makes more money than a 1/2 NL game. I ask this because the floor is always reluctant to open a new 5/10 game in favor of a 1/2 nl...

[/ QUOTE ]

how much can you beat the 5/10 limit game for
Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM

i should've been more specific... I meant which game makes more money FOR THE HOUSE as far as total rake is concerned...1/2nl or 5/10he