Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 06:09 AM

Default 15/30 Live Hand

Pretty aggressive table tonight. i've been getting some good cards PF and doing a lot of open/iso-raising. the two players to my left are getting slightly agitated at my aggression, so i know they're looking to 3-bet me somewhat light.

BU is a very good solid player who also is somewhat tricky. BB is a terrible loose-passive lady.

folds to me, i raise w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] from the hijack. <font color="red">BU 3 bets</font>, BB calls, i call.

Flop 3 players (9.5sb)
J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

BB checks, i check, <font color="red"> BU bets </font>, BB calls, <font color="red"> i raise </font>, <font color="red"> BU 3 bets </font>, BB calls, i call.

Turn 3 players (9bb)
J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img][T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

BB checks, <font color="red"> i bet </font>, <font color="red">BU raises</font>, BB takes 2 more to the face(calls), i call.

River 3 players (15bb)
J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img][J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]

BB checks, <font color="red"> i bet </font>, BU calls. BB folds
Old 06-06-2007, 06:20 AM

Default Re: 15/30 Live Hand

Seems fine although there's a good argument for capping the flop and perhaps an argument for capping preflop.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:44 AM

I don't like the turn donk in this hand. Button has now told you twice that he has a better hand. There is no reason to belive this is a FCP
Old 06-06-2007, 08:54 AM

I agree with capping flop, then if you donk turn and get raised you should know you're behind

what's FCP? (fancy play?)
Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn donk in this hand. Button has now told you twice that he has a better hand. There is no reason to belive this is a FCP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting the turn is fine here to get more information about your hand. He could easily be 3-betting the flop to get a free river card, and even if he's got the overpair, we're probably not drawing dead. And obv, we hit gin on the river. Did he have AA,KK or QQ?
Old 06-06-2007, 11:03 AM

I think you're better off leading the flop than CRing. Sounds like the BU will raise you light here too and I'd want the hag out of the hand.

- Jim
Old 06-06-2007, 02:21 PM

I like leading the flop too to try to get the BB out. It'd be pretty lame if the turn was a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 06-06-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think betting the turn is fine here to get more information about your hand. He could easily be 3-betting the flop to get a free river card, and even if he's got the overpair, we're probably not drawing dead. And obv, we hit gin on the river. Did he have AA,KK or QQ?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i was thinking, and after he raised the turn i thought his most likely holdings were KK or QQ. of course the pot's falling off the table by this point and so i still thought a call is correct.

i posted this hand because the BU was surprised that i gave him so much action w/ my hand. so was seeing what others had to say about it.

thanks all, and he did show Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].