Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Girlfriend and Best friend ... LINE CHECK

Ok so I have been "with" my GF for a while (like years), but we've only been "really dating" for about 6 months.

She is friends with all my friends and the other day my best friend (also my roommate) dropped by her apt to pick some stuff up and they talked about various thing. Somehow the topic turned to me and he said to her that it won't work out between us (me and my GF).

While he may be right about my GF and my future saying this to her sent her on ubertilt about our relaitonship and casued a massive argument between us.

Clearly I want to confront my friend(roommate) about this but no matter what way I confront him it's gonna be bad for business (I live with the kid) and have been friends with him for over ten years... which is why this is so horrid. (He has never come close to doin anything like this before)

To make matters worse my GF promised my roommate she wouldn't tell me about what he said. So if I talk to him about this things will be horribly tense when she comes over. It's a giant lose...lose.

What's your move ?

Beat: Can't trust best friend
Brag: Make up sex
Variance: hurt my hand when punching wall during argument
Old 01-26-2007, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend and Best friend ... LINE CHECK

Poop on his pillow. Deny you did it.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:36 PM

Pics please - I need to know
a) If she's mildly good looking in order to understand villain, er, roomates motivations
b) If you could whoop his ass if need be
c) If he's right because she's too hot for you (or in the incredibly rare case, you (a 2+2er) can do better.

Realistically - you drop it. Make a note on his account and continue on with life knowing you can't trust him with girls.

I had a friend once who gave my gf some anti-me advice. Same situation, she wasn't supposed to tell me, she did, I didn't know what to do as he was a close friend......

I let it go and can't even remeber what it was at this point. We're still very close, I'm still shaky with my GF (5 years later).

Don't tilt, steam, shove, and lose.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:39 PM

I believe that all promises are void in this situation. If he really thinks that he can get away with such a thing he's out of his mind. Just tell him that she got really upset with what he said and you had to pay for it. Also be sure to let him know to not let on that you guys had this discussion, or else you will pound his face.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:44 PM

threaten, he's a friend but you absolutely must lay down the law here if you're a man.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:44 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

get your friend to meet some girls so he has contact with more girls than your girlfriend to the point where he has to come up with a plan to get her to dump you for him. [censored] like this is soooo pathetic but seems to happen all the time to dudes with no social life. OHHH SOMEONE I KNOW KNOWS A GIRL. MUST DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO BE WITH HER.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:47 PM

Snipe,

a) I am not gonna post pics but she is a solid 8. She was a 9 in college but well... things change.

b) A fight between the two of us would be interesting, not sure there would be a clear "winner" we would both get wrecked probably.

c) I have no idea what his motivation was other than he was just being honest with her... he is an honest guy that's why this is suprising. GF and roommate are friends too but I always came first in both their minds. Or atleast I did with roommate til now.

amachur,

Interesting advice... GF upset crying to me angle, I like.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:49 PM

That was your roommate/friend's opinion and he is entitled to it. The fact that he said this to your gf means he wants to [censored] her.*

Can you blame him for wanting to [censored] your girl? No, because he's a guy. I want to [censored] most of my friends' girls but I don't say it or try. You can blame him for this however -- douchebag move.

It may have looked like your girl got angry over this but in reality it made her scared. Scared? Yes, because like all women she got emotional and irrational and it made her consider the possibility of you two not lasting which most girls can't stand the thought of.

The fact that he would do this makes me think your relationship with him isn't as strong as it used to be. Can you confirm this?

In this situation (since you live with him) I would sit down and rationally ask why he did this. Even though he may have spoken the truth I would ask why he felt the need to say this to your girl. There is a 1% chance that he wasn't trying to [censored] her and simply was having a [censored] day.

If you girl gets mad that you spoke with him (as an adult would) then beat her ass with a bat and tell her to pipe down.

* When I say that he was trying to [censored] her I mean he was planting the seed of your relationship meeting it's inevitable end and hastening that along so that he can jump in and beat that pussy up.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

or dump your gf.

If your gf talks about that kinda sheeit with ur best friend. She isn't the one for you.
Old 01-26-2007, 06:51 PM

Did I get leveled? I don't understand what you're saying.

EDIT: Nevermind onoble, I misread.