Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 11:23 AM

Default Re: Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for making a [censored] thread AND including a spoiler in it

[/ QUOTE ]
Your own fault for reading it before watching the show. It's a TV poker forum, he's on PAD this week...either move to the other side of the country or learn to wait before opening every new thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. These whining spoiler posts are annoying. If it's that important to you, then (A) don't read the Televised Poker section and (B) certainly don't open any threads that may have anything to do with what you recorded.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 PM

What exactly is spoiled? The great suspense that televised poker holds on who's going to win? Do you only watch poker to find out who won? It's like any sport, you watch it for the game...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this spoiler because [censored] crack me up...then dont go on a forum about televised poker you idiots seems simple enough

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other poker on tv topics, and this thread simply said "Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?" I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

You're the idiot for thinking there's only your way to read the forums and no other.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is spoiled? The great suspense that televised poker holds on who's going to win? Do you only watch poker to find out who won? It's like any sport, you watch it for the game...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, sports are every bit as suspenseful and exciting when you know who is going to win. Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded? In fact, they should show all sports on tape and tell us the score in advance so we don't have to worry about who wins. Then we can just "watch it for the game." Brilliant.

What's even more funny than people complaining about spoilers is people saying all kinds of illogical crap just so they can pile on. Do any of you really believe anything you say in your posts?
Old 09-29-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you know Phil Laak was playing this week's PAD? Or were you thinking OP might have been referring to another program that was on this week which you had already seen?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are other poker on tv topics, and this thread simply said "Is Phil Laak tripping on acid?" I know better than to open the PAD threads until I've caught up with PAD.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, the people complaining about spoiler whining here don't have much to stand on. People could be coming to the TV poker forum for all sorts of stuff, and there's no way to tell they'd be spoiled for PAD here.

It's a pretty minor spoiler and I wouldn't jump all over the topic creator for it, but there should be a spoiler warning here. Or at least some mention of PAD week of whatever in the topic title.
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well actually I do think that's a bit silly, because watching actual sports not-live doesn't make sense to me, but hey [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not all that relevant regardless.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, sports are every bit as suspenseful and exciting when you know who is going to win. Isn't it stupid when someone says don't tell me the score of the game because I have it recorded? In fact, they should show all sports on tape and tell us the score in advance so we don't have to worry about who wins. Then we can just "watch it for the game." Brilliant.

What's even more funny than people complaining about spoilers is people saying all kinds of illogical crap just so they can pile on. Do any of you really believe anything you say in your posts?

[/ QUOTE ]

what is truly unbelievable is that you think you have a right to post and criticize the OP for what he wrote... are you truly convinced that you are important enough that the OP should apologize to you for runing your suspense.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:29 PM

Old 09-29-2007, 11:44 PM

OP'S have feelings too. Calling us ops hurts.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:44 AM

I used to like Phil Laak. I officially got sick of his annoying personality during this past week's PAD.
(his shtick is so tired--especially with Antonio...)