Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Yet more hateful forwarded emails

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Without exception, every racist I have ever met has also been very religious.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is time to end this sort of atheist mantra.

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Galtieri
Marcos
+ your long list of Chinese communists
Saddam Hussein
+ your long list of former USSR crackpots and the terrorists that wage their racist wars in the former federated states
Slobodan Milosovic

No religion in that list at all. Just murderous racists.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's your point? I don't recall ever meeting anyone in that list.

edit: Jesusarenque beat me to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what shows WET would air.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089277/

AB
Old 02-13-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Galtieri
Marcos
Saddam Hussein
+ your long list of former USSR crackpots and the terrorists that wage their racist wars in the former federated states
Slobodan Milosovic

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler was Roman Catholic. you just spout off a bunch of names that came to mind? yay research!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Galtieri
Marcos
Saddam Hussein
Slobodan Milosovic

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler was Roman Catholic. you just spout off a bunch of names that came to mind? yay research!

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the standard list of names theists trot out when they hear that religion is racist/sexist/murderous or whatever. Not like a list 10x as long can't be written about evil theists, because it could without too much trouble.

Plus, Hussein at least portrayed himself as a muslim. I wouldn't be surprised at all if others on the list were theists too, just not known as such.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like how you make gross generalizations just like racist people do [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] you must be white? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

also, do you really think someone who is religious in the sense of let's say christian/catholic/etc. would really be/could be racist if they understood the concept of grace & unconditional love that God has set forth for other people to follow? the problem here is not religion, but that of humanity.

dont confuse (racist) people who just affiliate themselves w/ a certain relgiion w/ those who are truly "religious" & abhor things such as racism.

but i guess i could kinda see your point about racism & relgion. KKK anyone? so if all religious people are racist, & KKK is religious, & KKK = all white people, all white people = racist? transitive property FTW.

just to make it clear, i am not saying all white people are racist. just making the point that gross generalizations (especially those based solely on selected personal experiences) like the ones quoted above are a logical fallacy & can not be used to prove a point, because it is a logical fallacy (who likes how i used circular reasoning there to prove my point? oh the irony!)

also, i did not know hitler was catholic. is this because of his dad's side? i know his mother was jewish, making his infamy all the more ironic.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is the standard list of names theists trot out when they hear that religion is racist/sexist/murderous or whatever. Not like a list 10x as long can't be written about evil theists, because it could without too much trouble.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would like to take you up on your challenge, because your statement has made me curious. since only 7 specific names were listed, i guess i would only hold you accountable to a list of 70 names. & since it would not take too much trouble according to you, i will give you a deadline of 24 hours.

& just to clarify terms: theist = anyone who believes in "God/higher being" despite relgiious affiliation whether it
be cath/christian/muslim/hindu/buddhist etc, etc?

& evil = ...? i guess for this purpose, we can say evil means being "racist/sexist/murderous or whatever"

i guess closet theists (like your example of Hussein) should count towards this list.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also, do you really think someone who is religious in the sense of let's say christian/catholic/etc. would really be/could be racist if they understood the concept of grace & unconditional love that God has set forth for other people to follow?

[/ QUOTE ]

The bible is cool with slavery, so yeah.

[ QUOTE ]
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property. (Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)

[/ QUOTE ]

From the New testament:

[ QUOTE ]
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-13-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Galtieri
Marcos
Saddam Hussein
Slobodan Milosovic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler was Roman Catholic
Marcos was Roman Catholic
Galtieri was Roman Catholic
Saddam Hussein went to the gallows clutching a copy of the Koran
The "terrorists" who rage "racist wars" in former Soviet states are mostly Muslim
Milosevic's father was a deacon in the Serbian Orthodox church
Old 02-13-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone think this is really weird? I've never thought about being proud of being white or of my white heritage or something. I don't think I could ever say to someone "I'm proud to be white" because skin color doesn't mean anything to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. What's the point in being proud of your race or your gender or how many freckles you have? It's something you had no control of. Be proud in your accomplishments in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well of course we all know you're proud your accomplishments because you never shut up about them! haha ok that was just too easy. I'm glad you said that though Dom cause I want to like you. Maybe we could go to the next black pride parade and tell everyone how silly they are being and maybe that its "time to leave" by bringing a burning wooden lower case t?
Old 02-13-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Galtieri
Marcos
Saddam Hussein
Slobodan Milosovic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hitler was Roman Catholic
Marcos was Roman Catholic
Galtieri was Roman Catholic
Saddam Hussein went to the gallows clutching a copy of the Koran
The "terrorists" who rage "racist wars" in former Soviet states are mostly Muslim
Milosevic's father was a deacon in the Serbian Orthodox church

[/ QUOTE ]

so by Catholic you mean their parents were Catholic right??

I don't think Hitler was a practicing Catholic, and thats what matters not what his parents believed