Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2007, 11:05 PM

Default problems with two male dogs being together

I rent a room from a lady who has two dogs. The first one she found a few years ago. He has always been quiet and friendly (Shiba Inu) and he was also fixed. A half year ago she bought a few months old shiba, also a male (which I always thought was a poor choice, but he's white and the females weren't, so there you go).

The younger one has been growing up I guess, lately he's humping things and taking toys form the older dog and sometimes humping the older dog and doing other things to try and display dominance.

This is causing problems, LDO.

They both fight now a lot--the older dog usually just goes after the young one, and then we punish him. I try to punish the younger one when he steals the other dog's toys or humps him or whatever, but it still appears to me that the older one is continually punished while the younger one is rarely punished. It also appears that the older one always dislikes the younger one and (although this last part may just be me feeling bad) feels like we are siding with the younger one.

Tomorrow my landlord is taking the younger one to get it fixed, I don't know how much that will help.

This is really stressing me out because I really like both the dogs. It's just getting to me a lot. Please help or tell me what to do. Will the castration work?? Should we do something else???