Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 07:54 AM

Default QJo - unraised - TPMK

CO: 16.5/9.4/total AF 3.0/turn AF 8.5 - 170 hands

0.15/0.30 Fixed-Limit Hold'em <font color="blue">(10 handed)</font>
Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="grey">UTG+1 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="grey">3 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (6.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="red">CO bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="grey">2 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

<ul type="square">Probably my turn raise was horrible. I have only TPMK with 6 way pot. But on the other hand board is paired with blanks (55) and flop is rainbow so my TP have better strenght, right? (opponents can have air or medium pocet or weak Aces at dry flop)
I think i should just call donk bet at turn anyway and see what will happen after my acction.
What if after me will be raise?[/list]River: (18.00 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.00 BB
Old 06-30-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: QJo - unraised - TPMK

With as many callers to the turn and co all of a sudden be CO betting in front of you, he most likely slow played trips. His 3-bet would set off alarms for me. I would fold with only two outs here.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:03 AM

5 callers on a dry flop? - very suspicious. I b/f the turn, but CO bets so i probably calldown from here, just because he´s so aggressiv - a raise on the turn or a bet from one of the others(not CO) on the river and i´m out.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM

fold to the turn donk. with 5 flop callers you're beat here.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:33 AM

I think the best place to fold is after the turn 3-bet. I think the next best line is to just call down after the 3-bet and expect to lose. I do like your raise on the turn, the 9 could have just given him a flush or straight draw or even a pair of 9s and you are in position to take the free showdown if called.

It really doesn't make any sense for the CO to play a 5 like this. CRing the flop (or even trying for one on the turn) would be a much better play than donking into the flop bettor (although I suppose the draws could have scared him into a bet). I'd be more worried about one of the callers having a bad 5 than the CO. On the other hand if the CO had 99 his play would be reasonable.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:43 AM

so you have 170 hands on CO. You should have a feel about his play other than 16.5/9/4/3.0. What kind of hands does he show down/donk 3-bet turns with/value bet rivers with? If he is only showing down winners the river is an easy fold. I don't see him limping here with anything other than A5s QJs or 55, 99 maybe, but I'd expect a raise out of that, so I think you are toast.

nice table though.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It really doesn't make any sense for the CO to play a 5 like this.
On the other hand if the CO had 99 his play would be reasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is diffrence at thinking process when he has set of 5s or set of 9s ???
Old 06-30-2007, 12:55 PM

Because he would have flopped TRIP fives (not a set), and turned a set of nines. If he flopped trip fives, why check/call the flop and suddenly donk the turn? But having 99 makes perfect sense: Hero's button bet doesn't mean he has necessarily squat, so he peels, hits his two-outer on the turn, and bets with the intention of 3-betting if Hero raises.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 PM

If he have set of 9s wouldnt better just c/r turn?

If he really have 99 so he have monster full house and then he dont afraid flush and straight so probably better was just waiting for aggressor bet and hope to trap some loose players and then raise for more value.

Is this have sense?
Old 06-30-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he have set of 9s wouldnt better just c/r turn?

If he really have 99 so he have monster full house and then he dont afraid flush and straight so probably better was just waiting for aggressor bet and hope to trap some loose players and then raise for more value.

Is this have sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense, but many people just think "I have a good hand ... bet"