Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Scary Boards, Quads and FHs

On boards that are paired and or show trips, realistically how concerned should I be about villains having Quads at the micros? I believe I've just run bad on a couple of hands, but I wanted to make sure that my thinking isn't wrong. I have always thought getting it all in these situations is the default play with a decent FH and Quads were too rare to worry about. Thoughts? I realize some times you're just going to go broke, not going for a bad beat story, and seamed like too elementary a question for Theory. Move/lock as needed
Old 11-12-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Scary Boards, Quads and FHs

I would never worry about quads. Well, maybe never is too strong, but the stacks are going to have to be scary deep. And I'd have to be at least 99.9% certain my opponent would not push all in with anything less than the nuts.

Set over set is about the same.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM

I worry about Quads far less than I worry about set over set, and I don't worry about that either.

Only exception to this is something like 44T you have a 4 and you know the person will only call with at T, they call turn is T, they bet, river is T, you know they have "quads" because you knew they had the full house.

Otherwise, on a QTT board, if I have QQ I'm not worried they have TT.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:55 PM

Quads over a full house is rare. Full house over a full house is more common, but still rare.

I may have done quads over a full house once. I'm not sure because the other player didn't show, but if he didn't have a full house he was crazy to call my river bet on a double paired board.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Thank you all who replied. I think I just had an attack of results oriented thinking. 2+2 is so freakin valuable it isnt even funny. Thanks guys