Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Social Darwinism and Morals

Have you noticed how most murderous philosophies are pretty self-serving? And he might have started feeling sorry because he realized the obvious that he was wrong, but it's quite uncomfortable to admit one's own mistakes-- people will often come up with the shoddiest reasoning to defend their actions. :/ In any case, logic just doesn't work on some people when they are just consumed by their own insanity.

And of course seeing yourself as a rational and intelligent thinker means nothing, as we can see of the many people who think that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Now it seems to me that the big logical problem here is, that he only thought he had achieved this "master morality", when truely he had not and was really thinking like he used to deep inside. Is this a valid argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a clue what you are trying to say, or what is your argument here. I will say it's silly to attempt to deconstruct any logical "reasons" for this act, or from the deranged ranting of this type of killer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to say that he thought others (outside his own group) don't matter to him morally, and that it wasn't really true, since he only wanted to achieve this "master morality"(=others not having value) because he wanted to feel superior to others in every possible way.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy isn't a logical thinker. His premises are probably so far gone that a psychological approach is superior to a logical approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that he isn't a logical thinker, but still it makes no sense to try to find mistakes in his logic?

Also, I think many, many people are oversimplifying this, when it's a very complex thing.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This guy isn't a logical thinker. His premises are probably so far gone that a psychological approach is superior to a logical approach.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say that he isn't a logical thinker, but still it makes no sense to try to find mistakes in his logic?

Also, I think many, many people are oversimplifying this, when it's a very complex thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's an issue of soundness not validity-- his master morality probably falls in line with his psycho premises, but breaking down his logic isn't going to make him see he's crazy.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:54 PM

Maybe the biggest mistake was that he thought almost all others are pretty much robots then, and compared to us he is "godlike" (although he only slightly overvalues his own skills, which is not abnormal), as he said. When in fact others are much more like him than he thought.

It has to be said that that isn't very weird either (although it was stronger in him than most emos and other people, I guess), after all many people think animals are not self-aware.