Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/19 - 500K buyin pt 3 - Spoilers on al

Everyone is talking about how painful Farha's AA vs. Gold's KK was, but let's be honest. If Sammy had pushed all-in on the river and had Jamie called, it would have been one of the most beautiful moments in High Stakes Poker history. Few things in life are better than seeing Jamie Gold (almost) down to the felt.

Also, my two cents on Farha on the river. Was it a bad move on his part not to bet on the river? I think so. Considering the action, what could Gold realistically have? I think Sammy just had a temporary brain fart, fearing the monsters under the bed. Admit it though, we've all done it before, many times. I don't put much stock in the collusion or shearing-not-skinning-the-sheep theories that I've been reading.

But as loose and aggressive as Sammy is, at least he can put on the breaks, in contrast to Jamie and Guy, who have been really overplaying their hands -- at least the ones that have been shown. It's a recipe for disaster in deep-stack no-limit, and it'll catch up to them sooner or later.