Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

Yea i know ppl are pissed they got jacked but try to take care of business in more private ways if at all possible. Keep it away from mass media until that is the last option. Private investigation and inquiry in the poker community and to poker sites is one thing.

Even if you get your money back this whole ordeal might ultimately end up being -ev when online poker dies as a result
Old 10-14-2007, 08:28 PM

has anyone emailed absolute about these new implications and gotten a response? just curious.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea i know ppl are pissed they got jacked but try to take care of business in more private ways if at all possible. Keep it away from mass media until that is the last option. Private investigation and inquiry in the poker community and to poker sites is one thing.

Even if you get your money back this whole ordeal might ultimately end up being -ev when online poker dies as a result

[/ QUOTE ]

online poker isnt going to die
Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm posting what I'm finding. Also, adanthar just did some more research into this name and found a system administrator in El Salvador by the same name. So it could be him as well.

But we know who made the file.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand, isn't this excel generated from the server? Why it has names at all of any admin or client machine?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's no way to know how it was generated. It sounds like you're convinced it was generated by a server. Do you know something we don't?

Like I just said, it's in the file. We just have to go on what we do know and see what else comes out.

I know that other people don't think it's a good idea to have this in the mass media, but in case AP doesn't come clean relatively soon, I already have some friends working on packaging this info to distribute in a clear, concise and hopefully damaging-to-AP manner. Even if it hurts poker in the short run, it helps it in the long run if we eliminate the dishonest sites who refuse to address huge issues involving six (or maybe seven) figures and insist on lying to the community.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Some people have said that AP traffic has not been affected so far. I think it has at the higher limits, but based on the amount of players in general, AP will probably survive, albeit with less profit, and the others will probably do even better.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:35 PM

i know its been said a million times, but really good work n82/snagglepuss.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM

Even if it's inevitable that they will survive, there's no reason we can't make an effort to punish them for their deceit. No one likes to be lied to.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think they noticed it because the cheating was outrageous ie Calling with T high and being correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right - and this would be just as noticeable on other sites as it is on Absolute Poker.

[ QUOTE ]
If most had this kind of info they wouldn't be so blatant with it and it would be hard to notice

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if a different hypothetical cheater was cheating in a hypothetically different way, obviously it would hypothetically be different. The possibility of something occurring is very different to evidence that it is taking place.

Baseless scaremongering by the crazies is really quite irresponsible, and is more the den of the nutjobs in the Internet Gambling forum. Apart from anything else, it hurts all of us, as you know.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:42 PM

this is the greatest thread in 2p2 history
Old 10-14-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There's no way to know how it was generated. It sounds like you're convinced it was generated by a server. Do you know something we don't?
Like I just said, it's in the file. We just have to go on what we do know and see what else comes out.
I know that other people don't think it's a good idea to have this in the mass media, but in case AP doesn't come clean relatively soon, I already have some friends working on packaging this info to distribute in a clear, concise and hopefully damaging-to-AP manner. Even if it hurts poker in the short run, it helps it in the long run if we eliminate the dishonest sites who refuse to address huge issues involving six (or maybe seven) figures and insist on lying to the community.

[/ QUOTE ]

How I could have got the idea it's generated man it takes you guys whole day to unscrap it ;-)

btw - i don't think excel puts any names by default. You usually tweak this manually ...

Sounds good (the "clear, concise and limited to AP manner"), hopefully it will be the case.
Closed Thread