Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Don Cheadle beats Phil Ivey, LOL

He's my pick to win it all. All wagers accepted.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Don Cheadle beats Phil Ivey, LOL

I know Phil was not playing up to his 100% which we all know he only does in cash games. We all know Phil doesn't even play to half his skill in most of these poker tourneys, he looks like he doesn't care and would like to be playing golf somewhere.

having said all that, there is just no way, just no way Ivey can let some hollywood producer/director (whatever he is) beat him at poker. It is embarrasing, totally un-balla.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Phil was not playing up to his 100% which we all know he only does in cash games. We all know Phil doesn't even play to half his skill in most of these poker tourneys, he looks like he doesn't care and would like to be playing golf somewhere.

having said all that, there is just no way, just no way Ivey can let some hollywood producer/director (whatever he is) beat him at poker. It is embarrasing, totally un-balla.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don Cheadle is primarily known as an actor, .. not producter/director. And I agree with you about Ivey's attitude in most tourneys, but i find it hard to believe that with the amount of prestige this tournament has accrued over the past few years that Ivey didn't bring his A-game. How do you know there wasn't just a cooler situation? Set over Set, flush vs river boat etc etc. (I havent looked at the hand histories or anything)
Old 03-03-2007, 05:18 AM

I think Ivey has never made it to round 2 in this event..
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don Cheadle is primarily known as an actor, .. not producter/director. And I agree with you about Ivey's attitude in most tourneys, but i find it hard to believe that with the amount of prestige this tournament has accrued over the past few years that Ivey didn't bring his A-game. How do you know there wasn't just a cooler situation? Set over Set, flush vs river boat etc etc. (I havent looked at the hand histories or anything)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Ivey cares about prestige one iota. I think he cares about the bottom line and maintaining his privacy. Losing on national television makes him seem a lot more mortal, which gets him matches against rich fish who think if Cheadle can do it, they can too. I'm not saying Phil threw it or anything, but I seriously doubt he cares much, if at all.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:54 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. If Ivey stumped up $20,000 though and it wasn't a freeroll (I assume that's what an invite means) Phil would probably care a heck of a lot more.

Hmmm. 'Meta game' also an excuse for the likes of Patrik Antonius and David Benyamine?

Well, Ivey ain't gonna be having too many takers wanting to play him in a golf match so he's gotta find the fish somewhere! HAHA!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2007, 10:15 AM

The blinds were 1.5k/3k when it ended.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:13 PM

What were starting stacks?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:19 PM

20k starting stacks, w/ the blinds starting @ 100/200 and 15mins levels. Really not much play.

Ivey has never made it past round 1 in this tourney, that's how much of a favorite he is over any1. W/ those parameters, there's no way he can just dominate som1 w/o holding the deck on em.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:49 PM

How do people in a poker forum not understand variance?