Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: What will you do if they reinstate the draft?
Enlist happily and fight for my country. 21 14.00%
F that, this war is stupid. 40 26.67%
Move to Mexico or Canada 36 24.00%
BASTARD!! 53 35.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

any package that includes hughes would destroy any package that includes any red sox prospects not named ellsbury or buccholz. Pray that the twins don't see it the same way. Hughes and Cabrera together would just be a sick fleecing.

James
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any package that includes hughes would destroy any package that includes any red sox prospects not named ellsbury or buccholz. Pray that the twins don't see it the same way. Hughes and Cabrera together would just be a sick fleecing.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

fleecing in what context - by objective trade value, yes, of course. the twins will receive nothing but a draft pick for santana this time next year

but presumably if the twins are set to deal him, this is the rare chance to get a franchise-level pitcher like this, and part of the gain of acquiring him is the loss of the red sox who might've also done so.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

James

[/ QUOTE ]

fleecing in what context - by objective trade value, yes, of course. the twins will receive nothing but a draft pick for santana this time next year

but presumably if the twins are set to deal him, this is the rare chance to get a franchise-level pitcher like this, and part of the gain of acquiring him is the loss of the red sox who might've also done so.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Yanks get Santana they are going to end up dealing Hughes and Kennedy for him unless the Twins are retardo.

Hughes + Melky isn't even close to getting it done.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its easily enough if:

a. Johan wants to be in NY
b. The Twins aren't as interested in Coco Crisp as they'd have you believe.

I still think Kennedy + Melky + someone not named Hughes, Cano or Chamberlain is enough and will likely go through.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:00 PM

Two things. 1) Minnesota loves Boston. They've already groomed David Ortiz, Randy Moss and Kevin Garnett for us and 2) those guys are likely telling Santana, come here and win baby. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still think Kennedy + Melky + someone not named Hughes, Cano or Chamberlain is enough and will likely go through.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this sentiment, although the Twins could/probably should demand Wang instead of Kennedy.

That four player package offered by the Red Sox is really really good, and more than I though the Twins would be able to get for Santana. I've heard that Bowden would go over instead of Masterson, which would make it even better.

Here's the thing. If the Twins really want high ceiling parts, they don't need to Hughes. The Yankess farm system is loaded, even more so than I originally thought, with high ceiling type of players. Wang, Cabrera, A.Jackson, and Betances would be an absolute rape job for the Twins, but wouldn't kill the Yankees farm. Especially when you consider they can reload this June. The Twins could sub Jackson and Betances with any number of players and come out just as good, and better in the long run than the Red Sox offer.

IMO, the Delmon Young deal pretty much eliminates the Twins from contention in 2008, so they might as well get as much future value as they can. Put another way, I don't know why they care about MLB ready prospects and not ceiling. A good mix of both would be the best. That Red Sox package is long on MLB ready but short on ceiling. Any Yankees package with Cabrera, and MLB ready pitcher, and a high ceiling prospect or two is going to be a great mix.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this sentiment, although the Twins could/probably should demand Wang instead of Kennedy.

That four player package offered by the Red Sox is really really good, and more than I though the Twins would be able to get for Santana. I've heard that Bowden would go over instead of Masterson, which would make it even better.

Here's the thing. If the Twins really want high ceiling parts, they don't need to Hughes. The Yankess farm system is loaded, even more so than I originally thought, with high ceiling type of players. Wang, Cabrera, A.Jackson, and Betances would be an absolute rape job for the Twins, but wouldn't kill the Yankees farm. Especially when you consider they can reload this June. The Twins could sub Jackson and Betances with any number of players and come out just as good, and better in the long run than the Red Sox offer.

IMO, the Delmon Young deal pretty much eliminates the Twins from contention in 2008, so they might as well get as much future value as they can. Put another way, I don't know why they care about MLB ready prospects and not ceiling. A good mix of both would be the best. That Red Sox package is long on MLB ready but short on ceiling. Any Yankees package with Cabrera, and MLB ready pitcher, and a high ceiling prospect or two is going to be a great mix.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG STFU EV EV EV EV

Its all that matters.

Now will you concede that stupid point you made earlier about EV being the only determinant of good/bad personnel decisions?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like wishful thinking.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now will you concede that stupid point you made earlier about EV being the only determinant of good/bad personnel decisions?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? First of all, if you would read everything I write, you'd know I said you can put weight wherever you want. For the Twins, I'd put more weight than normal on superstar outcomes and zero weight on 2008. When you do that, the EV of Jackson and Betances becomes higher than Lowrie and Masterson, if it isn't already.

Recap; For the Twins, they should put more wieght on superstar outcomes with no regard towards 2008 when calculating their EV. Is that too difficult to understand?
Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM

Everything I've heard is that the Twins don't want Wang or Cano because they don't want to have to pay either of them.