Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Big call vs bigjoe2003, how bad is this really?

i challenge both selurah and Rrizgod to an MMA fight. In fact I'll pay either of you $500 to do so as long as you sign something stating you can't sue me after I break your arms.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:23 AM

this is a really easy call vs this particular player and I would call even lighter.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Two probably stupid newb questions:

[ QUOTE ]
I would never fold AK to bigjoe here if he shoves into me. I know that he knows that im not gonna call with AA KK QQ etc... and therefore he WILL push ATC here and AK will have him beat almost every time

[/ QUOTE ]

I can not make sense of this. He knows you don't call with even aces, kings or queens, so he pushes everything and therefore you call with AKo. Presumably, you call with better hands as well, so how can he know you don't call when you do call? It smells like very circular logic to me.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm willing to sacriface $37.68 equity to cost Joe $341.5, because in the future it will be correct for him not to push as light. If in the future he folds his J6 in this spot I either get a walk, or call a short stacks push, with the same 60/40 edge, a result which will probably raise my equity by more than the $37.68 I lost in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the equity Joe loses incorporated into yours? If it is, you give up $38 to transfer equity from Joe to the other two guys, and then it seems odd to state that you spend $38 to give him a $341 equity loss, because you don't benefit anyway. You just move the equity around (unless you figure it's x% of that loss worth to you to not have the $341 in the hands of Joe but the other players who are weaker). If you do get a part of his equity loss, then your call shouldn't show negative expectations at all, should it?

If the above is the most drunken nonsense you ever heard, can someone very briefly explain why?

Thanks in advance,

Smurf

[/ QUOTE ]

Type

Correction

*I know that he knows that im not gonna call withOUT AA KK QQ etc... "
Old 11-24-2007, 08:36 PM

LOL, how can you fold here??
bigjoe is the sickest pusher, call call call
Old 11-24-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, how can you fold here??
bigjoe is the sickest pusher, call call call

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the bump, very informative.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 PM

i challenge Suzzer and Devinlake to samurai sword fight to the death.

edit: you gotta sign the waiver
Old 11-24-2007, 09:09 PM

haha interesting thread. I guess this is what happens when you put a 2 good players against each other with quite some money on the line.

As has been stated multiple times in the thread.... the -$EV both of you will experience, will obviously be redistributed amongst the other players. If the other players are Z0MG UBER BigJoe players aswell, I guess it doesnt really matter. But if you got 2 donkey ass players left at the table, I think this call will be pretty bad as you'd be giving them equity which they dont deserve.

Anyhow.. its obviously bad for the both of you. Either live with the fact that you have to fold AKo here, or dont play BigJoe kind of players again. It's the nature of the SnG game, and may well be the death of the SnG tournaments when everybody gets his skill as high as both of you.

Oh and c'mon guys dont be angry at eachother and spite call and "challenge" eachother n stuff.. we all are so wealthy already, getting even more greedy and.. whats the right word, cocky/arrogant? seems disrespectful to the billions of people who struggle to keep themselves from hurting due to the hunger they have.