Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 04:25 AM

Default Re: NL 25: AK in 3-bet Pot

"Big draw probably is CR AI here"

Hmmm. A big draw is prepared to draw, but *really* just wants to take the pot down. Doesn't a strong lead out bet, which is effectively an AI, give his two opponents much less enticing pot odds to call than CR AI?

Plus...AF 5!

If he *has* hit big, is he really going to bet pot and risk scaring both of you off? Thanks to your huge PF raise he has no need to be sizing that large to get AI by the river and he can also strongly expect one of you to bet hard if he checks or puts in a small bet.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:30 PM

I really think this is a prime example of us the "it's a NL25 game and you have TPTK, so stack off" mentality.

It's suicide for a player to lead into two reasonable players on that flop (in a 3-bet pot) with a bluff. His high aggro stat is more from him being very agressive with his hands preflop/flop, and IMO, isn't a sign of craziness.

Thanks for the thoughts though. This is what makes the game interesting, we all see things a bit different.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:50 PM

My first thought was that folding the flop was nuts. My second thought was that EP would be nuts leading here with less than AK. My third thought is that MANY people seem to be confused as to what AF indicates.

AF is not a quantitative stat. It's a ratio of two quatities. The number of times the player was aggresive (bet/raise) over the number of times the player was passive (call). Notice that checking and folding are not included here. A high AF can come from lots of betting and raising (bluffing, light value betting, etc), or from lots of checking and folding (playing fit or fold). For instance, a set miner will have a high AF despite never bluffing because he's check/folding every flop he doesn't crush. When he hits, then he bets.

AF is a useful stat, but like anything else, only when it's properly interpreted, and mostly in conjunction with other stats (freq of flop bet, folds to c-bet, etc.).
Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
would you call with AA?

[/ QUOTE ]Berge, your hand = AA here. We can be confident that UTG doesn't have AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? IMO this is wrong, at least at $400NL.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:57 PM

I agree with Berge that we beat absolutely nothing a TAG pots into two people with.

Any questioning "Why would he bet full pot if he beats AK?!":
a) Answers itself by being asked
b) Is just leveling yourself into going broke when you shouldn't