Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Wynn Poker room BS

I can't help but be reminded of a Bear Bryant quote where he pulled one of his player aside and told him "Son, when you get to the end zone, act like you've been there before."
Old 06-08-2007, 08:48 PM

Morning.

Yeah, pretty hammered last night, yeah, hammered when post written. Still though, it was the entire table that she was telling to tone it down and I just happened to be the one that pulled her into private conversation to talk about who was complaining, etc, etc. I was pretty annoyed that she told us that we were nobodies since we were playing 1-3 and she basically didn't give a [censored]. That was the whole point of my "I'm not a nobody" speech - I was trying to explain to her that I'm usually playing in the top section.

Y'all are right though - I do come off as a douche in the post though and was probably acted like a douche when I was thinking that I was being reasonable.

Thanks for saying you're an idiot in a nice way :-). I appreciate it.

Devo
Old 06-08-2007, 08:59 PM

rationalization ftl.

if the person in charge tells you to shut up you need to either: do it, leave, or go over her head.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:09 PM

I have been thrown out of lots of joints but never one that fancy. That should count for something.

If you had been around Binion's in the old days, I am absolutely 100 per cent certain you would have acted very nice. I can just hear you telling those oversized, Texas security guards you were a blogger. That would have scared the [censored] out of them and kept them from backrooming you.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:26 PM

If I was at a drunk person's table that just won 140k and they got 86'd, I'd be livid. A) It'd be a hoot, b) It'd be really, really soft.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Morning.

Yeah, pretty hammered last night, yeah, hammered when post written. Still though, it was the entire table that she was telling to tone it down and I just happened to be the one that pulled her into private conversation to talk about who was complaining, etc, etc. I was pretty annoyed that she told us that we were nobodies since we were playing 1-3 and she basically didn't give a [censored]. That was the whole point of my "I'm not a nobody" speech - I was trying to explain to her that I'm usually playing in the top section.

Y'all are right though - I do come off as a douche in the post though and was probably acted like a douche when I was thinking that I was being reasonable.

Thanks for saying you're an idiot in a nice way :-). I appreciate it.

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid post Devo. We've all been there, (rude drunks) and we've all ranted while drunk. Your rant happened to be in print, and thus the load you've gotten from everybody. Not that you should care what I think but nice recovery imo.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:16 PM

sounds like you were being a loud, drunk jackass and likely don't have a clue exactly how loud, drunk, or much of a jackass you were being. the proper response when someone says "could you please keep it down" in their poker room isn't "OMG WTF WHO HAS A PROBLEM WITH THE NOISE?" because the response can be "me, and i'm the manager of the poker room here."

i'm sorry that they wanted you to be quiet(er), and that the people at the table didn't get to celebrate by taking your money. sounds like the likely thing that would be right in this instance is for you to walk in to the poker room and apologize to the manager for your conduct.

i've had several incredibly drunk, raucus, and obnoxious sessions at the wynn, including one with a guy who was some minor reality tv star doing really dumb stuff, and players shouting across the room (to players in the high stakes area). i've never had problems with any of the staff, let alone the incredibly competent floor managers.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been thrown out of lots of joints but never one that fancy. That should count for something.

If you had been around Binion's in the old days, I am absolutely 100 per cent certain you would have acted very nice. I can just hear you telling those oversized, Texas security guards you were a blogger. That would have scared the [censored] out of them and kept them from backrooming you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are new hero!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:00 PM

devo the wynn was right you are wrong. Nice score at the wsop stop taking second so much lol you need to stay away from cash games and focus on playing just tourneys or you will go broke I played with you many of time at the 15/30 at CP back in the day and mabye your better but now but then you were pretty meh. You have a nice feel for tourneys play them and you will do well stop taking shots at big games going bust and looking for a stake.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:14 PM

post deleted because multiple censor dodges that I don't have the energy to remove. Poster suspended.