Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 AM

Default Re: November \"I FORGOT MY MANTRA\" Low Content chit-chat thread

OK, I am pretty proud of my wife! We went out last evening to do a quick after work hunt and she got her first whitetali deer. We went into an area near town that we have access to and she spotted the deer, got set up and made a perfect shot. Deer went about 20 yards and tipped over dead. More, yes more, good meat for the freezer and she is really happy because for a lot of years now she has been trying for a whitetail and been frustrated. Now she has that under her belt.

It was also a beautiful evening. Setting sun and snow on the ground and in the pines. Just beautiful!
Old 11-21-2007, 11:45 AM

Fish, keep this up and half of the Lounge will be storming your house for a BBQ. Gratz to the wife!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fish, keep this up and half of the Lounge will be storming your house for a BBQ. Gratz to the wife!

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT sounds like fun! Wild game feed with wine tasting, beer drinking, crazy goat cheese appetizers and drunken ultra low limit poker! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 12:55 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/sports...xprod=permalink

Fish is famous!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/sports...xprod=permalink

Fish is famous!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Ya, good article. I am more about technology than this guy. I like my compound bow and 30 caliber rifles. Nothing against what this guy does, I just don't have quite the patience for it.

Tracking is pretty damn interesting though. I have had to do exactly as is described in that article, many times. I have also gotten pretty good at tracking animals before the shot. I usually need snow to do this but I have done it without snow a few times as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:57 PM

<font color="orange"> HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!! </font>
Old 11-21-2007, 02:01 PM

This hunting stuff reminds me of a few years ago, during our yearly company trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It was December. The weather is pretty good here that time of year but it's variable. Down there it's 70s, sunny, perfect at night.

One of my friends had gone the previous year so he knew how awesome it could be. Golf, all-inclusive resort, trips to bars. Yet the next year he scored a "hard to get" hunting permit that I guess you have to enter a lottery and then win. He decided to forgo 4 days/nights of awesome weather and good company with us for the chance to sit in some bushes in northern Arizona in 40 degree temperatures and hope something wanders along that he can shoot.

Five years later I ask him about that decision and he still doesn't regret it. I've never gone hunting though so maybe it's just something I don't understand.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:14 PM

Oh, good to see you, Tenn!

All,

The last of the FORTRAN code has been submitted. I wouldn't be surprised if someone discovers a bug or two I have to fix, but I'm mostly free of all of it. I'm definitely not agreeing to add any new features for any other professors I don't know. Write it yourself, punk! With that out of the way, it's Thanksgiving time, indeed.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:54 PM

FORTRAN *slaps head*

I haven't been paying close attention to what you do but I haven't seen a resume with recent FORTRAN experience since last decade...
Old 11-21-2007, 03:17 PM

Heh, yeah. It wasn't on mine until this past September. You missed all my rants about it in our NC threads? I've been contributing to some molecular simulation software originally written back in the 80's, and rather than port a whole lot of really complicated code to C++, they just kept it all in FORTRAN.
Closed Thread