Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: NL100 hand, but its deep, and i have a weird read

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure however that A8s/A9s/89s are in this guys UTG limp/call range, as well as tons of hands that would give him draws on this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find it hard for all these hands to be in his limp/call range, plus 50% of PPs and still run at 24/15. Well I'm even going to say it's close to impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be right...but he is UTG, and those numbers take into consideration his stats in every position. so i definitely think he can limp middle pairs and suited aces in EP, even though most of the time he is in a later position and is raising them.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: NL100 hand, but its deep, and i have a weird read

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I push. If he limp/calls A9/A8/99/88 from UTG then so be it. He doesn't seem to be the player who does it. He also has proven to retardly overplaying hands and many players do stupid [censored] with draws oop on the turn when their semibluff gets called. A push is actually a small raise.

If you're behind 98s is most likely, that 2 combos. A9s+A8s is 3 combos. 99+88 is 6 combos but they should def be discounted.

Looking at the combos we're ahead there's tons of SCs, oesds, pair+fd etc etc.

Pretty easy push imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing is fkin absurd.

I really don't know what range to put an UTG limp/caller on, so I'll just assume he can have anything?

I'd play flop the same, and I'd probably call turn and fold to a river bet. I think most people with a draw here will give up if they miss on the river, and made hands besides sets are probably going to c/c river.

The nice thing about a call, fold to river bet is that he gets no implied odds on his draws since you are in position. If his timing/spewiness leads you to believe he's firing the river a lot, then I would lean towards calling the river too (as opposed to folding the turn).

If he was a nit, or played his draws passively, however, I would take xorbie's advice.

edit: All this could change very dramatically based on what you think his limp/calling range is UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Omg, villain is getting almost 3:1 if we push, he's going to call a ton of combo draws and the pot is already huge so if he folds when he has a oesd or fd it's ok. A push will be close to only 1/2 psr. Calling is [censored] retarded.