Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: FGators: The Final Chapter [1.4m hands EV graph]

[ QUOTE ]
I do play like Big_Jim. I bet if we edited out my play in hands pulled from the database and asked him to fill in my action we'd be dead on.

[/ QUOTE ]
So what exactly would it take for you to admit to yourself that you are not good
Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do play like Big_Jim. I bet if we edited out my play in hands pulled from the database and asked him to fill in my action we'd be dead on.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are tilting the life out of me, sir. i suggest you tread carefully.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So what exactly would it take for you to admit to yourself that you are not good

[/ QUOTE ]

A brain transplant obviously.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think if he ran break even for another say, 5.8 million hands. but he'd be driving around in a porsche, ship it, holla!

this thread just tilts me so much. fgators 'top 10 hands that didn't go to showdown' - you are losing money in tiny pots. medium sized pots. you are throwing it away by not value betting thin enough.

agoueghqoegnsehshrsrh
Old 10-16-2007, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you guys realize that AJMargarine (not sure how good he is at poker, because I don't base opinions unless I hear it from you BBV guys) sweated me last night for like 45 minutes and might again soon?

He thought I had a little monster under the bed syndrome but didn't see any glaring holes in my game.

So what does that say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa cowboy. Don't be putting words in my mouth plz, tx.

[/ QUOTE ]

you disagree with two hands and one of which, I believe, you had the action screwed up.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd be willing to bet you don't do anything obviously wrong on a per hand basis (nits rarely do), it's a whole heap of little things that add up to a lot of money in the long term. FTOP type mistakes, like folding too often in a turn pot when bet into, way more often than an opponent's realistic range would dictate. These can easily be a bigger leak than getting all in with the worst hand now and then.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Ive been thinking of some way to test how you would both react in certain situations - but frankly i cant come up with a 100% correct way to model it.

You cant take hands that FG played, because the analysis is flawed beause the Villain in those hands played FG. Same goes for hands played against someone else at those stakes.

I guess you could construct 20 hands based on a decision tree with each route down produces a series of sub decisions - but i dont know nearly enough about 1/2 on Stars and poker in general to do it. I suspect someone like Nath or Clayton could.

The models would basically come out like one of those "you pick the story" type books where decision a,b,c or d makes you turn to page 125, 16 etc to continue the story.

Of course, arguably the best way to model this is for FGators to study Big Jims game, then play 1.5 million hands of 1/2 and see if his results match BJs.

Oh...

(out of interest, what are your stats Big Jim and how do they compare to FG - because if your like 26/20 and he is 20/14 then its pretty gross for FGators to say he plays the same as you)
Old 10-16-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No you won't.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:45 PM

Yeh Big Jim ahwat stats do you run at? If you don't mind saying.. perhaps you could just say roughly some ranges.

Doesnt FGators play like 18/11?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fact 2: I get sweating from 2+2er and winning player Sputnik2000 (small sample), 2+2er and winning player hockeystud94 (small sample), adn AJMargarine, they don't find any real apparent problems in my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having someone watch you play while occasionally asking what cards you have on AIM isn't gonna find a ton of leaks. I guarantee you that if you were using screen sharing software that allowed your sweater to see all the plays you were making and not just stuff that happens in big-ish pots they'd find significant leaks. I know I would.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No you won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

quiz for big jim...assume vs unknowns at 1/2.

1. SB open completes, you have Q9s in BB, your play?

2. SB open PFR's to $6 with about 80 bb's effective, you have AQo, your play? If you 3b, how much?

3. CO open limps, SB completes, you check in BB with QcTd. Flop is Qs9h8h. SB checks, you bet $4, CO raises to $12, SB folds, your action?