Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:16 AM

Default Re: OH O

yes to jfish
except the bluff shove (good joke??)
Old 11-02-2007, 03:39 AM

Is this really that interesting? What worse hands is he valuebetting here? AK putting you on AQ??
Old 11-02-2007, 04:35 AM

I think I call, you have repped pretty weak and the river is a good card for him to 2. barrel.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 AM

Any idea what his range is for calling a open from a guy with 25 BBs is? I wouldn't even be that surprised if he showed up with QQ-AA here. As played, I don't really know what to do......I vote for close your eyes, click everywhere and see what happens.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this really that interesting? What worse hands is he valuebetting here? AK putting you on AQ??

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't think what worse hands he is valuebetting is all that relevant.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:27 AM

villain calls raise from shorty then calls squeeze. He knows ur not bluffing because ur squeezing a shorty so he must have a good idea of where u r. I think he raises AK either initially or once u 3bet so AK is not in his range. 88+ are still well within his range.

The question then is does he turn AA KK QQ into a bluff here on the river seeing as hes only getting called by a T/flush? Maybe but I don’t think so.

I cant see how he has a flush as the Ah Qh and Jh are accounted for leaving only very weak connectors. KTh and smaller connectors. I don’t think he calls with either of these Preflop due to wat I said before 1) he knows u have a good hand 2) ur not deep and it’s a 3bet pot. IMO this leaves TT and air. I think TTh would be inclined to check behind the turn to take a look at its valuable draw…a gutshot and a decent heart flush. Therefore that leaves TT no hearts or air. The trouble is what air could he possibly have given his range is quite tight. The only possibilities are that he may have turned 88h/99h into a bluff on this river. After stabbing the turn with a flush draw as backup.

So at this point I say he has 88h/99h or TT no hearts. These are both reasonable as he may have wanted to see the flop in position and shove a decent flop v the shorty rather than commit to a race Preflop. I don’t know the maths of those 88-TT combos I’ve given nor how less likely he’d be to call with 88 as opposed to TT but I think intuitively this is a call.

2 considerations: if he shoves instantly on river I’d say he has 88/99 and is like omg nice river to bluff. Whereas if he has TT he’d wait a while and think whether its worth value betting the straight when he just got called on a flushed board on the turn.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you, he's not bluffing.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assure you, he's not bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm I feel like he is bluffing with 55-99 here quite a bit, not sure if its often enough to call tho
Old 11-02-2007, 10:19 AM

If he is, he has balls and deserves the pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2007, 10:24 AM

results? i'm gonna go with 99h.