Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Atlanta: Your favorite things to do or places to go

really good food combo in midtown is Everybody's for pizza/beer, then walk over to Murphy's for a slice of chocolate cake.

the cake is the best ive ever had, and ive eaten my fair share of cake
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 AM

i will say all the really obvious things that nobody's said yet.

Georgia Aquarium
World of Coke

Are two unique places that are pretty cool. The aquarium is the biggest in the world i think, so if you like nature or the sea go for it. There's a cool part in the penguin exhibit where you can stick your head in and see the penguins walking around.

Coke is like crack in georgia, so the world of coke does really well, and i think it's cool. Also, [censored] pepsi. Coke roolz. they have a cool place where you can taste all kinds of coke products from around the world, which all taste very very different from american soft drinks. Don't try Beverly unless you are a sadist (or is it masochist?).

Old 10-29-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wife and i are going to bacchanalia (sp?) this week. supposed to be one of the best restaurants in the area so ill TR it if anyone cares

[/ QUOTE ]

great choice. you should consider Floataway Cafe for a more casual outdoor patio style meal in warmer weather and Quinones for a v. fancy and v. romantic 10 course set menu dinner.

http://www.starprovisions.com/
Old 10-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Doc Chey's should also be in the "cheap restaurant" rotation. As mentioned, brewery tours are a good time.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM

Wife and I went to Bacchanalia last night at 8:30 and it definitely did not dissapoing. At the front of the building star Provisions has a store where they sell tons of stuff, including all of the wine they serve in the restaurant and a lot of the meats as well. The decor inside the restaurant was great, and the service was absolutely amazing.

We both did the Prixe Fix, which consists of choosing one appetizer, one main course, one cheese dish, and one desert. It was $72/person and with the wine pairing (which i got but she didnt) it was $115. My appetizer was a shrimp and rice pilau which was fantastic, as was the Italian white it was paired with. Main course was a wood-grilled prime tenderloin, which was probably the 2nd best steak ive had in recent memory (best was kobe taster's menu at Craftsteak in the MGM), and a shiraz. I had pecorino romano cheese w/ baby arugala for the cheese dish, which was paired with a riesling. Dessert was a chipotle pumpkin flan, pumpkin pie, and maple pumpkin ice cream, all of which was great. The dessert wine was one of my favorite parts of the meal. It was a french fortified wine similar to Port but was much much stronger. It was amazing and im going to find the name of it since i cant remember it at the moment.

All in all i definitely consider it one of the best places ive ever eaten, and I will definitely be eating there again.