Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Stress From Investing

I'm a poker player and have made a fair amount of money. I just bought a condo and I have more than enough money and given my history as a poker player, intellectually I am in 100% great shape. However emotionally it gets to me and really stresses me out. I have played a lot of poker lately to make more money to just buy it outright and not be in stress, and I am close. However the debt itself makes it harder to play poker and I have dropped down in stakes a lot and don't make nearly as much as I should. In fact I am going to cut back on the hours a lot now becuase I have just put in a lot and don't think I can keep it up without losing.

Does anyone have any advice for me or personal experiences to share? I'm 95% sure that I'm in great shape now, and in 1 year I will be in be in even greater shape but emotionally, the debt gets to me, emotionally, the fact that now I HAVE to play poker to pay of debt and the inflexibility gets to me.