Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Default 2/5 Live hand at the Trop

Ok, this was a couple weeks ago, but i will post from memory.
We had been at this table for 3-4 hours at this point. My stack had be fluctuating between 800-1100 all night because i run bad at real life poker.

Villain in this hand is going to be referred to as GUY.

History with GUY:

His friend is sitting to his right. His friend claims to be an online celebrity, so i say "ZOMG TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF!!" He tells me hes very well known on UB (lol) but he mostly plays SNGs (LAWLIPOP). So the drunk dick i am, i respond with a fairly loud laugh. He responds with "What are you laughing at!? I pay for college with my winnings!!!!" I chuckle again. /story

Now, GUY seems semi new to live poker. Basically a tellbox. He's not a spewmonkey tho. In a previous hand, i raised PF and he called from the blinds. Flop comes AKJ, he c/r me to SLIGHTLY over a minraise. I instamuck and he tables QT (im awesome!)

The friend talk about me being able to read minds and [censored] and this hand comes up about 20 minutes later.

We've been 5-6 handed for a while, and im raising every single hand, litterally 100/100 out of the blinds. Ive won every hand for 20 minutes and im getting drunk.

Stacks: ~800

GUY limps UTG. folds to my button and i find QQ and bump it up to 25. folds around to his limp. GUY looks very uninterested in the hand, looking at the TV above the table and he makes it 80.

I call (?)

Flop comes 7 4 2 rainbow. He bets 100 and very calmly looks away from me/the game. I ??
Old 04-29-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: 2/5 Live hand at the Trop

call, probably push any non AK turn, can't see him folding JJ or TT here unless hes a super nit postflop.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:04 PM

This is really sick.... I mean his line screams AA/KK I guess I call and reevalute on the turn.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 PM

Call flop, muck to further action on turn. This player won't fire twice without AA KK.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:11 PM

If he views you as being pretty LAG I don't see why a bet on a blank turn means he has AA/KK for sure although that revearse tell stuff would make me nervous. Can't you make it like 250 and fold to any more action? This is probably my least favorite spot to be in.