Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: 10K plus pot 10-20NL SHIP... Oh... Chop Chop...

It is. If you are serious and want details PM me. I've never heard of/seen another game as great as this (no exageration). I'm wouldn't consider myself a good player in the least and I still rape this game.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes you say that???

[/ QUOTE ]

Last night I was playing in a live 10-20NL game I got dealt AA for the second time in a row I'm in the cutoff MP raises to 120 I call everyone else folds. I have 5200 Villian has me covered.

Flop comes J25r MP bets 160 I call.

Turn is a 4 completing the rainbow. Villian bets 250. I make it 1K after debating a little while to make it look like i was struggling with my decision. Villian thinks for a minute and calls.

The river peels off, Villian checks I shove and villian calls instantly. I triumphantly flip over AA he shows AJ and I hear the dealer say "Chop Chop" Confusion hits me as I do a double take of the board and realize the river was a 3 giving us both the wheel and I exclaim "[censored] [censored]!" and die a little bit inside.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. vn.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nice call preflop...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't
Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 AM

I didn't give a detailed description of the hand because it would have been long and I just wanted to vent some of my frustration at having lost/split (as in this case) with AA three times that night for, in total, around 15K which would have given my 4K bankroll a nice little boost. That being said I was about to reraise when I looked at the button and noticed he had his cards in his hand ready to fold. Also the BB was playing way over her head because she had taken her husband's seat because he was taking a nap because he had been playing since friday (it was Monday morning) and she was clearly uncomfortable playing with the 12K she had in front of her and, as a result, had become the tightest player in the game by far. If she was coming in the hand she would have been reraising which would have been great. The SB barely had 1k so I wasn't concerned about him. Also, I had a VERY tight image because it had been 9-10 handed all night and I was sitting at the table with half my bankroll when I first got there and as a result, for the first hour I played unusually tight. My reraising in this situation would have alerted him I had one of 3 or 4 hands thus killing any action I could have gotten out of him, so by just calling I've disguised my hand nicely. The villian had also been playing since friday and had been willing to stack off with crap on later streets. There, that is pretty much everything that went into my decision to flat call and not reraise it, but this is all strategy and probably not important for this forum, so sorry to the rest of you whe are reading this for wasting your time with unentertaining BS.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:34 AM

i don't know why everyone is hating on your hand. given the way this guy played his hand, your preflop, flop, turn play look good. you trapped him with his 1 pair hand which he was willing to call all bets with. you misread the board and that's bad, but everyone makes mistakes
Old 07-25-2006, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which would have given my 4K bankroll a nice little boost

[/ QUOTE ]

Move up.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know why everyone is hating on your hand. given the way this guy played his hand, your preflop, flop, turn play look good. you trapped him with his 1 pair hand which he was willing to call all bets with. you misread the board and that's bad, but everyone makes mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

The misread was bad, but when he called the turn I pretty much knew he either had an overpair JJ or AJ so when the river came it registered with me that it was a low card and that's it. If it had been some sort of paint I would have given it more thought.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but everyone makes mistakes

[/ QUOTE ]

about 3 months ago

i was playing a marathon session with my buddy (think he was on 16 hours or so)

ok not so marathon but whatever

he ends up rivering a gutshot str flush and bet/calls the drunk idiot's nut flush because he didnt realize he had the strflush

I was pretty delerious and we were just playing 10/20 so I was kind of drunk and me + the whole table were laughing for like 5 minutes straight. Created an awesome atmosphere

sorryfortherambling;imstoned