Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: plan?
flat-call 2 3.13%
4-bet to $1.15 43 67.19%
shove 16 25.00%
BASTARD 2 3.13%
I'M IN YER POLL PICKIN YER OPTIONS 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Possibly Unrelated

I had a questionable mucked/unmucked situation occur when playing a 1/2 hold em cash game. After approximatedly 80 in the pot I was heads up. The other guy acted first on the river and pushed another 60 in the pot. I called and held my winning cards up for the dealer and the other player to see. When throwing my cards to the dealer they landed face down and the dealer forfeited the pot to the other player saying I intended to muck my hand. That was after I called a river bet and held up the cards for both to see. Has anyone had a related situation or interpretation of this ruling?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:42 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Possibly Unrelated

[ QUOTE ]
I had a questionable mucked/unmucked situation occur when playing a 1/2 hold em cash game. After approximatedly 80 in the pot I was heads up. The other guy acted first on the river and pushed another 60 in the pot. I called and held my winning cards up for the dealer and the other player to see. When throwing my cards to the dealer they landed face down and the dealer forfeited the pot to the other player saying I intended to muck my hand. That was after I called a river bet and held up the cards for both to see. Has anyone had a related situation or interpretation of this ruling?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont understand why poker players have such a hard time turning their hand upwards when the hand finishes. My homegame has turned into a massive quagmire of "okay you turn your hand over then i will too!" and then negotiations. TURN YOU HAND FACE UP WHEN YOU CALL IMMEDIATELY AND PROTECT IT. THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. THIS IS INCREDIBLY SIMPLE.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: New poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I'm "listening" to is the poll #s.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like the rule is winning in the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not by much, which is the point

[/ QUOTE ]

So i guess you're not really listening to the pole if it doesn't get the results you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wrong. I fully expected the #s to be extremely skewed towards the current ruling. Most people would rather keep things the way they are than bothering putting thought into the most appropriate rule, given the circumstances.

Contrary to your seemingly random comment, I'm actually shocked that after this many votes, it sits at about 60/40. Shocking considering the 2nd of the two concepts, for whatever reason, seems to rub so many of you the wrong way. When in reality, a certain % of those who voted in this poll, just stuck with the current guidelines without considering the pros and cons of each comparatively. Making these results even more interesting...

As for the whining about the wording...Ty capt. Obv for noting that the wording of the poll was written by someone who clearly favors the latter option of the two. I hope however, that you realize that has zero affect on each users vote in the poll and only informing voters of the basis for the 2nd option, while the 1st is already well known.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really dont understand why poker players have such a hard time turning their hand upwards when the hand finishes. My homegame has turned into a massive quagmire of "okay you turn your hand over then i will too!" and then negotiations. TURN YOU HAND FACE UP WHEN YOU CALL IMMEDIATELY AND PROTECT IT. THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO DO. THIS IS INCREDIBLY SIMPLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Whatever it is you did to warrant the dealer mucking your hand, I guarantee you won't do that again. Donkament or cash game, if a player mucks their hand, it should be dead. Be responsible for your own actions at the table.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 PM

At TS a few months back, I reraised allin with AA from the BB and the LP raiser called. I didn't notice the dealer reaching over to rake my blind to the middle, and so when I flipped my cards over they bounced off his arm and almost landed face down in the muck. After I won the hand, the dealer informed me that had the cards landed in the muck, my hand would have been dead because no one would have seen the cards and it would be impossible to know which cards were actually mine.

Now I believe in the JC Tran situation this ruling is irrelevant because his opponent showed his cards prior to flicking them away. I'm just curious to know if the ruling the TS dealer gave me was in fact correct.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 PM

The TS dealer was correct. This is one of the many problems with the current rule. ONLY if the cards are 100% recoverable from the muck can they be turned up. If that isn't a gray area then I don't know what is....
Old 11-09-2007, 05:35 PM

[ ] you really needed to start another thread on this topic, good job
Old 11-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: JC Tran controversy poll

[ QUOTE ]
We all now know that the tournament ruling with JC Tran at Foxwoods was the "correct" ruling, according to the current guidelines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I have no clue what you're talking about.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: New poll

[ QUOTE ]

As for the whining about the wording...Ty capt. Obv for noting that the wording of the poll was written by someone who clearly favors the latter option of the two. I hope however, that you realize that has zero affect on each users vote in the poll

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fairly well known that the way a question or poll is worded can significantly impact the results.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 PM