Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 01:17 PM

Default .01/.02 NL tables

I've just started playing on Poker Stars and trying to build a bankroll. Also read a couple of poker books.

Anyways, i play on the 1/2 cent tables and I find that everyone plays every hand. So therefore i play more conservative. Whenever i raise with a good hand, i get like 6 callers, and then i find i really hard to play, cause its impossible to tell where your at. Alot of the time I raise more than i should, 5 or 6 times the bb and still get callers. Its rediculus. Is this the right way to be playing at these super loose tables, or should i modify my game?
Note: I often tend to multi table.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:21 PM

Default Re: .01/.02 NL tables

don't try to handread. Looking for a specific hand against a drooler will drive you insane and will force you to make mistakes.

Instead, just watch what hands they get to showdown with. If they call down with weak hands, get aggressive with weak hands, etc. make a note, and play accordingly.
Against loose players, put in more bets with a wider range of good hands, but bet on draws or air less often. Against tighter players, put in bets with a smaller, more conservative range of hands, but bluff more often.

IE on a KQ5 board, don't bet AK twice vs. a tight player, but definitely bet it 2-3 streets vs. a loose calling station.

Other than that post specific hands and reads and someone can give you more advice

Tight beats loose, and loose beats tight. My advice to you is, get enough $ together to have like a 20 BI ($200) roll for $10nl. Unfortunately you're just up against glorified play money villains, most often experiencing scenarios that would never otherwise occur, even in higher micro NL. IMO you're extending the learning curve by starting under 10nl.

Tighten up and raise to larger amounts, and keep doing so, if they keep calling then you're pushing your preflop edge further and further..
Old 09-19-2007, 01:27 PM

I actually just got done with the 1cent/2cent tables. Built my roll from $30 to $100 in about 8 days and 10,400 hands. Also had a bad night in which i dropped $45. I had a 18ptbb/100. Like stated above don't over anyalze the situations. Also don't be scared to bet. Just keep betting and betting. Don't bluff except if your sure they will fold. This level is very beatable. You'll see a lot of people calling you down is bottom pair and such so don't assume that they are calling you down with at least top pair.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:28 PM

Also what I did the entire time I bet is if I raise pf I always raised 4x + 1bb for every limper. And my c bet was usually about .14-.18. Just incase.
Closed Thread