Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-10-2007, 02:41 AM

Default bad turn fold?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($9.95)
Hero ($24.25)
SB ($10.85)
BB ($6.40)
UTG ($4.60)
MP ($6.80)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $0.2</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero folds, SB calls $0.20.

River: ($0.90) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: $0.90
Old 11-10-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: bad turn fold?

no. 5 way you should fold overpair.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 AM

All numbers created while under the influence, but I think it's correct . . . .

You're probably behind and need to spike a queen to win, which is 20.5:1, assuming 6xxx (I think it's better if he has a top FH). It is +ev given implied odds is 34:1 if he stacks off when you hit. I think he has to stack off 57.3% of the time for it to be break even given that he has 6xxx (assuming he'll either stack off or fold to a bet on the river; not very realistic dichotomy, but whatever).

So, "it depends", but you should have some idea about the player that will let you know whether it's a call or fold. Also, the numbers are a little better if SB calls, but there is the chance SB will raise, in which case you'll probably have to fold or weigh the chances of him stacking off, too, but, I'm too lazy to even begin to start the percentages of those numbers.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:40 AM

It's an unraised pot, you can't win a big pot here, the only hands that will play back at you are hands that beat you.

I would occasionally bet the flop here then shutdown if I don't win the pot/ hit a Q on the turn. Otherwise it looks perfectly fine.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's an unraised pot, you can't win a big pot here, the only hands that will play back at you are hands that beat you.

I would occasionally bet the flop here then shutdown if I don't win the pot/ hit a Q on the turn. Otherwise it looks perfectly fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, yeah, I meant to mention in my post that realistically, it should usually be a fold considering it's such a small pot.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:48 AM

clear fold