Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 11:52 PM

Default [Stud 8/b] So how many bets did I miss here?

I'm thinking about 10.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter)

Seat 1: $15.45
Seat 2: $6
Seat 3: $8.75
Seat 4: $13.30
Seat 5: $8.50
Seat 6: $7.95
Seat 7: $13.95
Hero: $9.70

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (5.60 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

6th Street - (11.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (14.80 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (14.80 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $7.40 | Rake $0.35

Seat 2: [4d 8h 4h 2d 4s Js 9d] (HI: three of a kind, Fours)

Seat 3: [Kh Kc 5c Th Qc 4c 7h]

Hero: [2s 6s Ad 8s Ah Ac 8d] (HI: a full house, Aces full of Eights)

</font>
Old 11-22-2007, 12:11 AM

Default Re: [Stud 8/b] So how many bets did I miss here?

Why do you check 7th? Are you expecting your opponents who have just been calling along to wake up and raise so you can check-raise? This all looks fine to me except 7th.

I would not get too frisky on 4th or 5th. You could be facing both a better high hand and low draw than yours.

Yeah, and reading the results, this isn't exactly right, since Seat 2 doesn't have a low draw, but you're still drawing for a low, and drawing way behind for high.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you check 7th? Are you expecting your opponents who have just been calling along to wake up and raise so you can check-raise? This all looks fine to me except 7th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have continued to bet.. especially after taking all momentum. No way someone is going to bet into 3 aces if they can't beat it. *palm to face* Duh.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:52 AM

Yeah, you're hoping someone made a flush or a full house. Even a flush might not bet, although if they were dumb enough to call hoping for a flush then they might. Maybe a smaller FH will bet if you check, but I think they'd probably raise if they rivered a FH anyway.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:58 PM

You missed the one bet that you could have collected by betting the river. Other than that I think you played it about right. I don't know why you would expect anyone to bet your hand for you on the river. If they do have a hand they can bet, maybe they'll raise and you can three-bet. This was a really bad spot to try for a check-raise, but you know that already.