Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 09-02-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Venetian 5-10 Deep Set

[ QUOTE ]
bobbo what is your cut off point for folding here given only the info we have in OP -- $10k, $20k, $50k?

[/ QUOTE ]
sklansky has this writtne somewhere about how many BBs we can lose with this hand, refer to that.

but in all honesty, I'd probably fold when our needed equity approaches 44%. Two factors... Mainly, the more money they put in the less likely they're making a retardo play, and also I think we're on average a dog to their range anyway, so the mroe total money the closer our needed equity approaches 50%. In the current post I'd estimate we have roughly 46%+ equity needing 41%, making it a clear call.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:19 AM

Hey Britt,

First, I ask the guy a lot of questions to see if he will give anything away. He might even show you a card or something. If I can't get anything out of him, I call. Really, I'm calling unless he makes it super blatantly obvious he has a straight.

Bobbo has it correct with these two statements:

"people do [censored] stupid stuff, it's why deep is awesome, and it's why you cant ever fold here. "

"i would not be shocked - in the slightest - to see villain flip over AA here."

I'm not saying he has AA, but people do dumb stuff all the time. He could have 66. He could have two pair. He could have any overpair. Villian is an unknown, meaning there is some non-zero chance he has something retarded. You can't fold here.

Sucks he had 68 tho. Did you suckout like a champion?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Britt,

First, I ask the guy a lot of questions to see if he will give anything away. He might even show you a card or something. If I can't get anything out of him, I call. Really, I'm calling unless he makes it super blatantly obvious he has a straight.

Bobbo has it correct with these two statements:

"people do [censored] stupid stuff, it's why deep is awesome, and it's why you cant ever fold here. "

"i would not be shocked - in the slightest - to see villain flip over AA here."

I'm not saying he has AA, but people do dumb stuff all the time. He could have 66. He could have two pair. He could have any overpair. Villian is an unknown, meaning there is some non-zero chance he has something retarded. You can't fold here.

Sucks he had 68 tho. Did you suckout like a champion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...not so much. Biggest loss ever.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would not be shocked - in the slightest - to see villain flip over AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh c'mon. op said he had no particular reads on villain, he didn't say he had a specific read that villain was braindead.

[ QUOTE ]
people do [censored] stupid stuff, it's why deep is awesome, and it's why you cant ever fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]
tbh, i usually call here anyway, simply because i have pretty much never folded a set on the flop, but i think that's a leak. sure, occasionally he turns over some retarded crap, but i'm convinced that this is NOT a profitable call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure this is at least fairly close to 0ev so it doesn't really matter what we do. I'd lean towards thinking it's +EV to call due to the random donkey factor that Bobbo mentions but I think Mike is right that this is the nuts a very hight percentage of the time. If you're not extremely well bankrolled for this game it becomes an easy fold.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also does anyone raise to like 375'ish? heros flop line seems weird.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I don't understand the massive reraise...