Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: 50nl 6max: 22 vs ??? Can i make him fold?

[ QUOTE ]
I assume 18 pfa is postflop aggression, meaning this guy is an aggromonkey spewtard idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]Ugh, nevermind. Brainfart. That doesn't necessarily means he'll spew with ATC facing agression. I guesss possible. Need actual reads like how he plays postflop.

[ QUOTE ]
1 y does everyone ignore the 18pfa stat here? do you not notice this? if i hit a 2 and he cbets i'm getting alot of $ here. is that inconceivable?

2 suddenly he checks flop. he clearly doesn't have an ace, but i can't just bet the turn and give up if called. i could just give up completely, but i have NOT made any moves at all yet at this table.

3 i mean really, i might as well have 77 here cuz it's the same situation. and if i said i had 77 in my OP i'm sure the responses would be different.

[/ QUOTE ]1. Depends how you intend to play it. If you c/r flop with a deuce, probably not getting much money. You'd need to let him hang himself on two or three streets and raise/shove. If he's somewhat smart you aren't getting anything other than a cbet and maybe a double barrell every now and then. Sample size too. I've run infinite aggro through 70 hands playing 25/25 a few times and not spewing.

2. Because he checks the flop does not mean he clearly has no Ace. This could easily be a weak Ace using the FLOP as pot control, inducing a bluff on the turn, etc. I do this a lot. Betting the turn is clearly something you should do though. Once you get called c/f or c/r the river are all fine.

3. No, but I wouldn't fold 77 pf. Sometimes 3bet, or call. Then do same as you did but more likely to take a different river line because folding out best hand is unlikely by leading and you could show it down cheaply.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:10 AM

I hate the river bet.

A bet should either make worse hands call or better hands fold. His call on the turn might be a weak suited ace or a medium pair or a draw. He might fold the medium pairs fold and I emphasize might. I really dont think he folds an ace. doesnt matter if he folds the draw.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

y does everyone ignore the 18pfa stat here? do you not notice this? if i hit a 2 and he cbets i'm getting alot of $ here. is that inconceivable?

[/ QUOTE ]

you arent calling for set value to win a cbet. Id rather call a preflop raise vs someone with a 3pfa since odds of stacking an overpair are much better than stacking air. The question on whether to call preflop IMO comes down to whether he will spew several barrels with weak hands either bluffing or calling too light. A cbet isnt enough when u only hit a set 1 out of 7.5 times.

[ QUOTE ]

he clearly doesn't have an ace,

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought a weak ace was a likely hand for him, this is how I might play one vs you.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate the river bet.

A bet should either make worse hands call or better hands fold. His call on the turn might be a weak suited ace or a medium pair or a draw. He might fold the medium pairs fold and I emphasize might. I really dont think he folds an ace. doesnt matter if he folds the draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm betting turn i damn well be betting river. i can't counter a leak with another leak by checking river.

for the most part i agree with ur last statement.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:21 AM

Surely you are getting implied odds to call here preflop...

Why not just check it down and call any bets made if you think you're ahead still? Kinda sucks imo to make a pot here in a marginal spot when you could wait for much better spots. Then again thats what I am going for now, ABC, fold/dont loose much in marginal spots.