Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-27-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: The Grinder\'s play in Master Class HORSE SNG replay

[ QUOTE ]
This is more than just LAG, it's approaching maniac. I watched some of his O/8 play, and if I can tell you he played awful junk and won with it then it must be pretty obvious.

[/ QUOTE ] Whenever I watch one of these guys do this - and win - I always think they must be smart on some stratospheric level I can't even begin to fathom.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Or, they know exactly when thier luckbox has been switched on.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea why anyone would try to make sense of plays made by a random fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because uncovering the strange logic used by random fish with lots of $$ is very profitable. I think it's a little presumptious to call the Grinder a random fish in this tournament tho. Clearly his hand selection was fishy, but it's been shown time and again that strong and aggressive players can make up for lousy hand selection over the short run, especially in tournaments against essentially random opponents. If he were playing an 8 hour session at the big game, he would have had his head handed to him.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea why anyone would try to make sense of plays made by a random fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because uncovering the strange logic used by random fish with lots of $$ is very profitable. I think it's a little presumptious to call the Grinder a random fish in this tournament tho. Clearly his hand selection was fishy, but it's been shown time and again that strong and aggressive players can make up for lousy hand selection over the short run, especially in tournaments against essentially random opponents. If he were playing an 8 hour session at the big game, he would have had his head handed to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

His play was bad not just in terms of hand selection. He just didn't know how to play limit games at all. It seems like he was so much stronger a player than some of the randoms in the SNG that he did well anyway. Obviously, the aggression was somewhat effective. He was also probably lucky.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM

he kept saying he doesn't care and he has some place to go to