Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 10-24-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: uNL 1 year report card

from what ive seen the forum seems to be maturing, the biggest problem is getting quality posters to stay here (for obvious poker related reasons).

Some kind of mod led initiative to get ssnl/msnl posters come in here and just respond to like 10-20 threads would be smart.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 AM

a. Traffic- Do you feel as if you hand gets lost too fast, or does it receive appropiate responses.

My NL25 posts seem to get more attention than NL10 ones. Perhaps some think NL10 is too elementary, I don't know. Traffic seems very good though and most things get a decent amount of attention

b. Quality of the advice
Good. Certainly helped me imporve aspects of my game. Often advice in the same thread completely differs though, which would be nice if the result was a thoughtful debate though this is rare. One person thinks A, another thinks B, and no consensus is reached.

c. Quality of the moderation- What policies would you like to see changed or implemented?

I don't mind. Iron-fist, laissez-faire... as long as the advice and content is good.

d. Other suggestions
I always enjoy reding strategy article-type threads. Normally the ones in the main magazine aren't all that applicable.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from what ive seen the forum seems to be maturing, the biggest problem is getting quality posters to stay here (for obvious poker related reasons).

Some kind of mod led initiative to get ssnl/msnl posters come in here and just respond to like 10-20 threads would be smart.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this for a while, its hard to get people to consistantly come down.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:53 AM

A - I find the traffic between when i go to sleep and wake up is heavy (Australian times) often there will be 80-100 new posts i have to fight through to get back to the ones i was previously discussing before bed.

That being said I find the good post's in uNL don't get sufficient responses whilst the ones that are "Do i fold KK preflop" get HEAPS which annoys me alot

2 - This can vary really, generally the advice given lacks any explanation at all, which i myself can be guilty of at times. I do think there are far too many one line responses that do absolutely nothing in regards to advice

3 - I don't really have much to say on the topic, i guess i find alot of the stupid threads about nothing get locked quickly which is good

4 - I don't really have any suggestions but i've found recently uNL has kinda sucked. I really want all of the bull [censored] post's to stop, they clog the forum up ALOT. I doubt there is any way's to enforce it, maybe temp bans (probably too extreme) for people who create post's against the forum rules or against posting rules.

^^ This is not as a punishment, but more as a forceful way to make sure they read the uNL guidelines
Old 10-24-2007, 01:56 AM

wrt to 4,

I asked Mat if we could do that, he asked me to first warn te posters and point it out then I can ban.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:01 AM

Do you find its become ridiculous EMc, that amount of times i open the forums and see a legitimate post with 1 reply and then right above it a "check my EV graph boys" with 10 replies is too many to count
Old 10-24-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you find its become ridiculous EMc, that amount of times i open the forums and see a legitimate post with 1 reply and then right above it a "check my EV graph boys" with 10 replies is too many to count

[/ QUOTE ]

I have, and thats part of the reason we added ama and orange. I dont have as much time as I used to (im getting a little more now, that might change, who knows). I lock every one of those and give the poster a PM (usually) about why and dont do it again. My biggest concern when this forum was opened was that it would become a wasteland of poor posts getting too many responses and good posts either non-existant or being ignored. Hence the reason I usually lock posts too that are so basic.

It is my goal as both a moderator and user of this forum to keep it as high as it can be in terms of content, but also realizing what this forum is designed for. Its a fine line.

Edited to add: When we switch over to the new software we as mods have more tools wrt to warnings and such that will make things better I think.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:25 AM

Thinking about it now, i can't really think of any way to rid uNL of all these types of posts, its just so frustrating having to read so many 1 line responses before i acutlaly see one post with decent content.

But i guess alot of the posters who share my views have established contacts with other uNL members outside of the forums (thru aim, msn etc..) which can help with it. Still doesn't beat having a decent forum though
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 AM

Ive I could be here 24/7 and such I would, but we cant. Mods have lives and need sleep yo!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 AM

lol, im not suggesting anything or saying you're not doing a good job. Im just saying i can't really see a solution to it. Anyway, hopefully something comes up as i'll be playing ALOT more in 3 weeks after my exams are over