Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Default You think Texas Holdem is easy? You\'re wrong

One of the funniest things I've ever read. Really gets you inside the mind of live poker fish

http://www.totse.com/en/bad_ideas/sc...dem179291.html

[ QUOTE ]
Alright it's 10 o'clock and you just got done finished watching Greg Raymer whip some ass. You saw Chris Moneymaker come from out of nowhere the year before to take the world series main event. You figure geez these guys breezed right in and walked away with millions. If they can do it why can't I.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: You think Texas Holdem is easy? You\'re wrong

[ QUOTE ]
I like to stare down my opponents and see how they react in person.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 09:54 PM

i like to apply the pressure by bumping it up to 2x the BB with high PPs too to let the suited connectors know i mean business
Old 09-24-2007, 09:56 PM

[x] Thread delivers.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
'Ha Ha Ha!What you want me to give away all my secrets from years of playing with friends to tourneys to online playing. You want a clue as how to rake in cheddah from unsuspecting fish. Good luck. Because you are not going to find it here. I think I have the answers but I may just be lying to you so as when I see you at the table I already know how to play your type. The truth is their are as many ways to play the game and no one is correct. It is a game of skill and luck. That being said I recommend a new hobby. This one is so taxing 99% of those who try fail miserably and lose their bank accounts in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genuinely loling quite hard at this paragraph
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
'Ha Ha Ha!What you want me to give away all my secrets from years of playing with friends to tourneys to online playing. You want a clue as how to rake in cheddah from unsuspecting fish. Good luck. Because you are not going to find it here. I think I have the answers but I may just be lying to you so as when I see you at the table I already know how to play your type. The truth is their are as many ways to play the game and no one is correct. It is a game of skill and luck. That being said I recommend a new hobby. This one is so taxing 99% of those who try fail miserably and lose their bank accounts in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genuinely loling quite hard at this paragraph

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, that quote is 10x better in an isolated paragraph. I am seriously choking up
Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People playing qq,kk,and aa are no brainers. You sit back and hope to build a pot. Not me I don't. If I am in any situation with those above hands I am making a raise pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

This man is a genius.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my stragety I like to see flops cheaply and make my decision based on the board. Now is when things get tricky. I am a firm believer in checking a hand. Many people see it as a sign of weakness. I prefer my opponents to make the move so as i can better gauge at what cards they may have. usually this is a tell. Most pro's play a certain way and many amatuers are difficult to figure out.

[/ QUOTE ]

what a dumbass!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I myself have lost a pretty penny online. In the long run though it has helped me a better player . I no longer am playing weak a 6 offsuit hands . I play pretty strong hands or high suited connectors. If I am not in the blinds I am not playing trash such as k 2 suited. As tempting as the king is and looks and your cards are suited your odds are not good at all .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a bankroll and want to start crushing everyone in sight. That said it's time to start running your local poker room for starters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, know nothing? start running a local poker room.

Oh, and someone find a way to mass distribute this site. Maybe take it to P5s so they will spread the good word?