Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 11:12 PM

Default Re: How to respond to a frequent re-stealer

When you call his 3bet, it makes no difference whether you're IP or OOP. You're gonna fold or shove over his cb anyway.

4betting small could work, but I don't seem to get too many folds when I try it, and 4betting big commits you. 4bet shoving is ok, but a bit of an overbet that rarely gets called. If you're gonna do that, then I think you have to do it A LOT to exploit the fact that he won't call off 90% of his stack. Hello variance.

With that said, I agree with calling and then shoving most flops. Obviously shoving overs, draws, TP, OP's is good, but what I'm curious about is stuff like mid pair. I think we need to be shoving these as well, seeing as we usually have 5 outs + FE + we may actually have the best hand. In fact we should probably be shoving any pair against this type of villain, because when he calls, we're gonna be behind with mid pairs and sometimes even TP. Therefore, the value of all these hands seem to be the same.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you call his 3bet, it makes no difference whether you're IP or OOP. You're gonna fold or shove over his cb anyway.

4betting small could work, but I don't seem to get too many folds when I try it, and 4betting big commits you. 4bet shoving is ok, but a bit of an overbet that rarely gets called. If you're gonna do that, then I think you have to do it A LOT to exploit the fact that he won't call off 90% of his stack. Hello variance.

With that said, I agree with calling and then shoving most flops. Obviously shoving overs, draws, TP, OP's is good, but what I'm curious about is stuff like mid pair. I think we need to be shoving these as well, seeing as we usually have 5 outs + FE + we may actually have the best hand. In fact we should probably be shoving any pair against this type of villain, because when he calls, we're gonna be behind with mid pairs and sometimes even TP. Therefore, the value of all these hands seem to be the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, think of a pair as a 5 out semibluff
Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 PM

in pos I am calling pretty much all his 3bets with any pair and with SCs and one gappers and taking a flop. If I hit any sort of decent draw I am raising flop with intent on AI and prolly even doing same with my mid pairs on non dangerous flops with perhaps one overcard. flop texture crucial here but he's obviously CBing with air plenty and 3betting pretty lite.

I think you just have to be prepared to PLAY with an opponent like this and if he happens to hit against you then too good. more often than not you will take one or two hands away from him and he will slow down. only really down side is when he takes the first big hand you play against him. but that's the chance you take. can't let him just run you over all day though, even if it costs you one stack.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:45 PM

Thank you very much to all of you. Many great advices which I appreciate and intend to implement in my game.