Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 02:16 AM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

The sites need to outline clear rules and enforce them equally and without bias.. I think most people are naive if they believe this doesn't help with regularly and is generally accepted among tournament players. Would it of been OK if whoever played his account instead sweated his table and coached him over the phone? If this is not OK how is it enforced? If is not enforceable isn’t this giving dishonest players a huge edge over honest players. Is it ok for cash game players or MTT players to receive coaching while playing hands (a rather common situation that the community as a whole accepts, which in my opinion is just as unethical as having someone play your account if not more so)?

All of the above are common occurrences; many pros that FTP endorses partake in such practices. It is [censored] imo that the sites are seizing this amount of money without first setting clear rules.

Just to be clear I rarely play online MTTs(and have never final tabled one) and have never played on anyone else’s account or had anyone play on mine beside in rare instances where I went to the bathroom and had a friend play a hand or once during the WCOOP main event this year (which I didn’t cash in) where I had a friend play for me for an hour while coached him over the phone because the internet went out in Aruba (40 or so other people did the same thing). Are these actions unethical and illegal? Where do we draw the line? This is life changing money we’re talking about and the sites need to make very clear what is acceptable and what is not before action like this is taken.

The sites and the community as a whole need to outline clear ethical standards about whats accpected and whats not.

Edit: I know that I might draw criticism for these comments but I know most high-stakes players feel the same way (I know this directly from conversations with them). I feel that acting ethically is very important for not only the sake of the game of the whole but for a poker player’s career. But the problem is there is no clear ethical guidelines provided by the sites or the community and that makes it very hard to act act ethically when most ‘illegal’ practices are generally known about and accepted among the (high-stakes) community. I personally think it’s better to take the high-road in all situations but this is naive and unrealistic to except or anyone with this type of money at stake.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:28 AM

I wonder if we'll see a story about this in Bluff, lol.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:34 AM

Andrew,

For what it's worth, I don't think people will be too concerned about an ethics protocol until online poker is legitimized.

SIH,

IWEARGOGGLES
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 AM

ExitOnly,
Inyaface said I backed him before nothing about knowing his backers. It's an offhand comment, so I don't really care, but reading comprehensions ftw.

G2cu,
Good post and it was not riddled with spelling errors.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:55 AM

I don't know much about this specific situation but just somethign I've realized is the only ppl who ever get caught are the ppl who win the tourney. Think about how many cases of this there are where ppl don't win and nobody ever finds out.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 AM

agree 100% with g2cu
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
agree 100% with g2cu and eagles

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 100r will be so much easier if all the cheaters keep getting caught!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's called an 18 person $320 sng.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-29-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So did Plattsburgh get his money taken away for talking on the phone with JJ? Dont think they could take any action on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 11-29-2007, 07:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So did Plattsburgh get his money taken away for talking on the phone with JJ? Dont think they could take any action on that.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would be interesting since he admitted this was the case I think

[/ QUOTE ]

he never admitted to taking any advice and using it.