Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Min Raising

When is a good time to re raise/ when personal do YOU min raise? i feel lik every time someone min raises they get re raised.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: Min Raising

If Min-raises are met with re-raises, then you'd obviously only want to Min-raise with monsters.

However, I've found that min-raising against a Thinking/Good player can often be a good bluff. It just looks too suspicious (almost begging a call) and definitely does not look like a bluff. Again, this only works against players who are actually thinking/observing. Trying it against a bad player will almost always result in a call/reraise.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:37 AM

I almost never min-raise and I definitely don't min re-raise.

Min-raises are useful for high blind levels in low-limit tournaments in some situations.

In other words, almost never min-raise. Like ever.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:15 AM

You should min-raise pre-flop, flop, turn and river if you are playing me heads up. If I re-raise you just call, and min-bet the next card. I go on auto tilt and will just give away my chips.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I re-raise you just call, and min-bet the next card. I go on auto tilt and will just give away my chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol same as me. I do not min raised at all in cash games and i despise being min raised or someone just min betting into me
Old 11-09-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... However, I've found that min-raising against a Thinking/Good player can often be a good bluff. It just looks too suspicious (almost begging a call) and definitely does not look like a bluff. ...

[/ QUOTE ]

A minimum raise, to me, signifies the exact opposite of a begging call. I look at it as a scared beginner move trying to find out who's got the goods. Many seem to fold to the min raise, but I find that with the enormous pot odds involved, I have to call with any kind of draw. And I do; I almost never reraise in this situation, electing to get to my hand cheap. I'll simply call 'em down until I've missed my draw.