Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Defense?
Baltimore vs NO 6 66.67%
NYJ vs CLE 1 11.11%
Arizona vs GB 2 22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Moved locked down etc.

huh?
Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

in short, decoherence is the process when a coherent quantum superposition decays into a classical probability distribution. Decoherence usually (almost always) happens when a quantum object is in contact with some (usually larger) environment (that can also be treated quantum mechanically).

Almost every quantum superposition is subject to decoherence, since no quantum system is truly isolated from everything else. Since electrons can be isolated to a very good degree (e.g. to the spin degree of freedom only the radiation field couples), decoherence times can be very large. They are always finite, though (and very often measurable, that's a big problem for quantum computers).

A cat, however, couples to an environment so large and so diverse that its state decoheres very fast. It's so fast that it's not measurable. That's why a cat never is in a superposition of alive and dead.

If you're interested I can give you a list of references to the topic. All of them need in-depth knowledge of quantum mechanics, however.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what this means, so I'll just say that the FIRST-PLACE CHICAGO CUBS magic number is now 6.

Also, boo to whoever moved CrMenace's flight to Monday and denied us another fun night of him making gobs of money and me making $8 and threatening bloody murder on donkeys.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 AM

Brag: In a couple hours, I'll have my first homemade beef jerky made in my homemade food dehydrator
Beat: I just lost about 30 BB in under 3 hours
Variance: I was playing 15/30 live and not 1/2 online
Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Ok, here we go

I just wanted to make a quick introduction so that you guys don't say: WhoTF is this girl that suddenly started posting in "our" forum...?

So I'm bellatrix and I'm a recovering online gamblor. I've been running fairly successful at 6/12-20/40 in B&M Limit. So I decide to take some money online. I do kind of well at 1/2, move up to 2/4, go on a heater, go to 3/6, breakeven. So I'll just try the 6max...

Uh, no, bad idea. Lost 900$ quicker than I want to remember, went on a major tilt phase of about 2 months and ended up with 93$. After RB kicked in, I was left with aprox 300$ (less, because I played some tournaments... uh. bad idea, bellatrix).

Back to the drawing board. No more spew, no more playing above my BR, no more 6max for a while, no more 3-4 tables (2 is my max), no more...
So it's discipline time for my and that included 2+2.
So here I am.

More personal notes: female, 28, married with children, orginally from germany, living in Bay Area ([img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Bay101), scientist.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Default Re: Ok, here we go

is this a miles gimmick account?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:56 AM

I'll just use reverse psychology or triple, or quadruple. whatever... and say: YES!

uh, yeah, miles had that all setup, so miles created this account Dec 31st 2005! and so you guys could be setup in september 2007!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:58 AM

That's only like 2nd level thinking for Miles. He has multi year plans coming to fruition every week.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:22 AM

I also like how miles set it up so that his previous post was 69... very convienient.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:32 AM

Does miles like being an e-tranny or something?
Old 09-23-2007, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sushi, without going into a lot of details (and yes i've been following it), usually (not always, but often) if everyone is thinking one thing and one person is thinking something else, all those other people might know what they're talking about :/

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that's a fair description. 26 people were interested or ready to buy, so it's not like I was the only one. It seems like mostly very good players has supported the idea in the threads. I think I failed to sell the idea to the public [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Closed Thread