Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nat,

if you would like some company and assistance, i am free for the next few weeks

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, it would be welcome for sure. I'm not sure if the possibility of Adanthar taking my place is realistic or if he is coming down. But another person down there would be a good thing in my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat i think it's great what you and others have done in all of this.Hell i dont even play on AP and never have,but have still taken a hge intrest in this matter as if it can happen here it can happen anywhere.

I think andanther should go with you so you both can talk amonsgst each other and work through any issuse you find whilst in KR.

P.S dont forget to pack the 9mm in with you gl [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Absolute was notorious for having bots. Find out how many of these bots were owned by absolute and if they were able to attatch the superuser program to the bots. Im not sure if their master plan had gotten this far yet, but im 99% sure if it hadn't, it was in the works. If it has, that would explain the $7 million and probably a lot more on top of that.

People are focusing on the fact these guys are ballas and wouldn't grind out low limits. SUPERBOTS FTW

[ QUOTE ]
1. The known cheating accounts are the exclusive domain of the auditors. I cannot access that data. Other than that, I've been told I can see whatever I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a bit odd - how could giving you the same data compromise the audit which is happening? Methinks the more eyes the merrier, and, if nothing else, releasing the hands to the poker community will help to ensure an honest audit.

As for your purpose, I'm a little confused - hopefully you can perform a mini-audit yourself, but w/o access to the superuser hands, what can be accomplished?

I have a few ideas:

1. Get hands-on experience with the superuser account?
2. See the login logs for all suspicious accounts to see when they were created, who they played with/observed, etc.
3. See whatever security improvements they claim to have made?
4. Interview people (assuming you're allowed - if you're not allowed, that kind of makes this look more like a PR trip than a substantive one). Record your conversations.
5. Find out Scott Tom's whereabouts during the timeframe in question, as well as his relationship with AJ and others.
6. Talk to those who performed their initial "exhaustive" investigation, and get a copy of that. Put them on the spot - didn't alarm bells go off when the suspicious account belonged to an insider. Why did they lie to the public? Who authorized the lie? Who knew what, and when?
7. If they had security lapses, did heads roll? Who was fired? When (organizational charts, as others have suggested, are an excellent idea)? Any payouts to the fired individuals? Any reports to criminal authorities?
8. Will AP commit to periodic outside audits? How about revealing their ownership structure?

Cheers, Carl.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, the offer for Adanthar to take my place is very much on the table. I don't really WANT to do this, but I think it could be a good step for communication between AP and the online communities.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 people Nat, no one should have this soley on their shoulders. There will be way too many questions to answer when you get back.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way for the company to pay for its mistakes is for it to go down the tubes. And there is no such thing as a "good" company. Companies exist to make money for their shareholders. That is all.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand why you're trying to help them get back on their feet. The people who own the company are responsible for the cheating, and you think that cleaning house will solve that problem? How do you wipe out the owners of a buisness and remain viable?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because AP being clean/open/honest/etc going forward is good for poker. If I don't think they're really committed to that I'll say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say that I'm extremely disappointed in that attitude. After what they've done, anything less than that company going under is NOT good for poker. Like many people have already shouted, if other sites see what AP did and also see them get away with it, that will be horrible for everybody.

[/ QUOTE ]
My ultimate goal is not to sink the company. I want them to pay for their mistakes. I also want them to be a good company going forward.

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people I've talked to who have lost money in this situation agree with you
Old 10-23-2007, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Am I off base here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think so. Who wants to see crooks get back on their feet after stealing millions of dollars from their players? You apparently do, and if you're going to represent poker players, this is a conflict of their interest, imo.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:45 PM

the fact that Nat has all the great credibility you're all talking about is the very same fact that makes this an excellent PR move by AP, one that they will surely reference on the path to reestablishing their own credibility. With Nat's limited time and resources he will not be able to do a thorough investigation there - it will be a superficial investigation at best, and they know it. They will, however, be able to use this perceived transparency hugely to their advantage, and that is the whole point of this - to be able to say, down the road, "look we even brought one of you guys down here to ask questions." If you're going to do this you should ask them for more money to use as an investigative resource, to hire local PIs, local legwork, local investigative reporters, to incentivise the above in a substantial way and remain for a period of time long enough for it to pan out.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM

Hey BBV4L, Reality called, he wants you to know your wasting your time.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is awesome, and I think you should take Serge, for various reasons. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd love to have him come along and I'd happily chop up the fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't this be akin to the President and VP traveling together on the same plane? Having the two people who represent 90% of the brains and energy behind AP's undoing would be a tempting target. . .

Watch your back.