Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2007, 03:29 AM

Default sicko

i saw this tonight, pretty moving. anyone else?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 AM

Default Re: sicko

Thumbs up for your thread!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:36 AM

I was really hoping that this thread was going to expose NT!'s animal fetishes. Keep waiting, I will.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:38 AM

Michael Moore spoke at PSU during Fall 2004. The school paid him over $30,000 to speak there. It was supposed to be about his new movie (this was before Fahrenheit 9/11 was released). But from the start, Moore made it a giant rally against President Bush, encouraging the hugely liberal audience to vote Kerry and so on. What a waste of our tuition money.

Though "Sicko" does look like an interesting movie.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:42 AM

i'm interested in this movie, but OP, you did a terrible job starting the thread
Old 07-01-2007, 04:48 AM

Sicko makes the Canadian Health Care system look a little too rosy. Way better than the US? Of course. As good as MM makes it look in the film? Not even close.
Old 07-01-2007, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sicko makes the Canadian Health Care system look a little too rosy. Way better than the US? Of course. As good as MM makes it look in the film? Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah from talking to some canadian friends they say that the waiting lists, etc can be a bitch. seems like the major advantage of the canadian system is in accessibility of minor / preventive stuff, not having to worry about if it's covered or something.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:10 AM

In America Alone, Mark Steyn points to some examples of women being helicoptered to a different province during labor because there were no beds available for them in the province they lived in, as evidence of the complete failure of the system to provide decent care. This book is heavily right wing, though, so I question his motives and understand that it is very easy to position anecdotal evidence as conclusive.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In America Alone, Mark Steyn points to some examples of women being helicoptered to a different province during labor because there were no beds available for them in the province they lived in, as evidence of the complete failure of the system to provide decent care. This book is heavily right wing, though, so I question his motives and understand that it is very easy to position anecdotal evidence as conclusive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, when I was born my mom was flown 500km (to a difference province) to give birth to me because our anesthesiologist was on holidays. Our town has a population of 5000 so obviously this isn't a fault of socialized medicine. Be pretty funny if stories like that were used for his book.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mark Steyn is a joke.

He is the token conservative columnist in Maclean's, an otherwise outstanding magazine.