Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: 25NL Interesting Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of any hand that you open push the turn like that. Why not push the flop?

It feels like you don't want a call. I think you can occasionally get a fold, I just don't know if you fold hands that beat you often enough for the play to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not saying I should actually push the flop here are you? Or do you think there's some merit to it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying, considering the action, why would you call his 4 bet and then push the turn? If you had a set or something you'd probably just push after his 4 bet. I'm not sure why you would have waited for the turn to push
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my first thought was: spew
my second was\s: awful

i would just fold to the 3 bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

And why not 4-bet shove?
Old 10-17-2007, 04:43 PM

I think a check/call of his cbet is standard. You have a perfectly reasonable small pot hand, we're ahead of his range, and have a little draw on the side, he's cooperating in making it a small pot hand.... I see no reason to make one of those dopey check-almost-minraises that scream "I have one pair, it isn't very strong, but I don't think you have anything"... Especially with the draw, which I totally do not want to get pushed off of. Like, if I had air, or was super-unlikely to improve with bottom pair of threes, then maybe a check-almost-minraise is OK. But here? Call the flop. re-evaluate turn (probably a c/f here).
Old 10-17-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a check/call of his cbet is standard. You have a perfectly reasonable small pot hand, we're ahead of his range, and have a little draw on the side, he's cooperating in making it a small pot hand.... I see no reason to make one of those dopey check-almost-minraises that scream "I have one pair, it isn't very strong, but I don't think you have anything"... Especially with the draw, which I totally do not want to get pushed off of. Like, if I had air, or was super-unlikely to improve with bottom pair of threes, then maybe a check-almost-minraise is OK. But here? Call the flop. re-evaluate turn (probably a c/f here). [/quote

+1