Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Default Re: 2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope?

Initial reports for Everett are not good. I guess he will be lucky if he walks again.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would help if they spent the monies a little more liberally, but there's more to it than that. Fletch & Spikes were brought in as FA's. We spend $ on guys like Chris Kelsay, Josh Reed & Peerless Price. I don't understand it - it's so easy to replace these guys & get the same production (nothing) by paying vet minimums at these positions. Not re-signing Pat Williams was the worst mistake of the last several yrs; though that's not the current regime's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, not resigning him was awful. The icing on the cake for me was this offseason when Clements got away. Now I just could really care less.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:24 AM

The defense isn't the problem. The defense lost Ellison (starting LB), Wire (his replacement), Simpson (starting FS), and Webster (starting CB). They will only gave up 15 points, and although the Broncos moved the ball well the Bills defense definitely did enough to win the game. You can't blame them for those long late drives, either, as they were totally gassed and the offense couldn't protect the lead whatsoever at the end.

Problem 1 - HORRIBLE Game Day Coaching

Jesus christ our coaches suck. We have to face it. I mean, it's late in the game, a drive would be huge, and with like 8 left in the 4th we get the ball and give it to A-TRAIN??!?!? 3 straight times? PUNT. Back on the field defense. Now the defense gets meatground all the way down and the game is slipping away. The offense comes out desperately needing to milk some time as <3 minutes remain, and we run once, run WAYYY outside and stop the clock, then throw incomplete. lol. Stupid idiots. Not like we could have benefited by running another minute off the clock. Also, the Bills consistently got owned by an obv Madden style cheese. Bills run all cover 2 on defense, Broncos kept lining up with Twin WR, Bills kept stubbornly leaving a corner on the weak side covering NO ONE and shifting a backup LB out on to Walker in the slot. So dumb.

Problem 2 - TERRIBLE Quarterbacking

Let's just face it. Losman sucks and will never be good. He must have the most <100 yard passing games in the history of the league for a starter. It's not even surprising anymore when he passes for under 100 yards. That pathetic idiot manages to ride Lynch's coattails for SEVEN TOTAL OFFENSIVE POINTS. And obv when the game is on the line, Losman just terribly misthrows a deep ball to Evans that could have won the game. He sucks and has no future or no redeeming qualities.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The defense isn't the problem. The defense lost Ellison (starting LB), Wire (his replacement), Simpson (starting FS), and Webster (starting CB). They will only gave up 15 points, and although the Broncos moved the ball well the Bills defense definitely did enough to win the game. You can't blame them for those long late drives, either, as they were totally gassed and the offense couldn't protect the lead whatsoever at the end.

Problem 1 - HORRIBLE Game Day Coaching

Jesus christ our coaches suck. We have to face it. I mean, it's late in the game, a drive would be huge, and with like 8 left in the 4th we get the ball and give it to A-TRAIN??!?!? 3 straight times? PUNT. Back on the field defense. Now the defense gets meatground all the way down and the game is slipping away. The offense comes out desperately needing to milk some time as <3 minutes remain, and we run once, run WAYYY outside and stop the clock, then throw incomplete. lol. Stupid idiots. Not like we could have benefited by running another minute off the clock. Also, the Bills consistently got owned by an obv Madden style cheese. Bills run all cover 2 on defense, Broncos kept lining up with Twin WR, Bills kept stubbornly leaving a corner on the weak side covering NO ONE and shifting a backup LB out on to Walker in the slot. So dumb.

Problem 2 - TERRIBLE Quarterbacking

Let's just face it. Losman sucks and will never be good. He must have the most <100 yard passing games in the history of the league for a starter. It's not even surprising anymore when he passes for under 100 yards. That pathetic idiot manages to ride Lynch's coattails for SEVEN TOTAL OFFENSIVE POINTS. And obv when the game is on the line, Losman just terribly misthrows a deep ball to Evans that could have won the game. He sucks and has no future or no redeeming qualities.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sorta agree on the defense. It's a cumulative frustration of them not being able to make a play when it matters most; even dating back to 2004 when they actually had good players. Yesterday they were overmatched & did what they could.

The coaching - meh. Generally when an NFL offense gets the ball w/ 2:00 left down by 2, they're either going to get stopped on downs or get in FG range. The likelyhood of just flat "running out of time" is very low, so even if they had run it down to the 2:00 warning....I mean it's results-oriented to say 30 sec's would've made the difference....you have to go for a 1st down there.

Yep JP played like crap. They seem to have no passes in the playbook for the middle of the field - no slants, no posts, no crossing patterns. Everything's either a screen, a sideline hitch, or a bomb. After a while you have to wonder whether that's coaching or if JP just can't make certain throws. I'm still giving him the rest of the year to do something though.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 AM

Losman has no yards because every play they run is a 5 yard route or less. I refuse to blame him until they open it up. His #1 asset is his arm, and they don't even use it. Just a horribly run team on so many levels. He didn't play that well yesterday, sure, but he wasn't given much of a chance to succeed either.

Maybe when Wilson passes on, things will change. The team may get moved, but I don't really care at this point.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:05 PM

Paul Pozluszny is a beast.

That is all.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM

With Losmans arm and Evans speed, we should be airing it out atleast 3 times a game.

It always boggles my mind when teams don't utilize their athletes more.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:55 PM

is Fairchild as bad as that game seems? The play calling was awful. I kept seeing Cutler and the Broncos hitting ten yard slants and outs and everything else and was wondering why the hell can't the Bills be doing this, instead of running Lynch and Thomas between the tackles 2 out of 3 times....
Old 09-10-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is Fairchild as bad as that game seems? The play calling was awful. I kept seeing Cutler and the Broncos hitting ten yard slants and outs and everything else and was wondering why the hell can't the Bills be doing this, instead of running Lynch and Thomas between the tackles 2 out of 3 times....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of any play that will get Roscoe Parrish the ball. Screen, reverse, anything.
Has there ever been a return team duo on the same team as good as Parrish and McGee in the history of the NFL?
Old 09-11-2007, 02:12 AM

Yes, Fairchild is ridiculous. There is no offensive identity or rhythm whatsoever. And MacGuyV, I hear what you're saying, but when you're protecting a lead with <3:00 and you stop the clock TWICE in the process of 3-and-outting, that's pretty questionable IMO. It's tough to say I'm being results oriented when naturally the game is going to come down to them trying to come back before time runs out. Yes, getting a few first downs could end it, but that offense hadn't been getting first downs all day. Also, let's not forget just feeding useless A-train 3 straight plays on the previous 3-and-out.