Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Positions Thread

Well I don't normally need to be real familiar with a stock to have an opinion. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But in this case I just don't know, if you want a SWAG, I'd avoid this stock for now due to all the heavy volume on a very downside day and it appears to be near a 52 week low. That alone doesn't bother me except I am not informed enough to know WHY.

Good luck if you go with it,

Jimbo
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM

AMD @ $13.10 .. would have preferred Jan '09 options but Charles Schwab is reatarded. Oh well... gogogo AMD

also about to buy some BBY
Old 11-05-2007, 04:13 PM

deciding not to buy any BBY, their margins are getting worse and worse

instead I'm looking at LSI... they finally swung into the black for operating income and, although they had some restructuring expenses, things seems to look good going forward
Old 11-05-2007, 04:19 PM

It's a sad day for consumers if AMD goes under.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Aye... can't say I'll be surprised if they do, though - imo they've done a very poor job at marketing. And if they do go under, I'm sure someone besides INTC will fill the void. Maybe NVDA will get adventurous.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:09 PM

I bought 10 GS $120 calls (GYPKD) today at $6.30, tried to exit my position when the DOW went postive this afternoon at $9.20 but my darn trading account screen froze up and I never got my order in. Hopefully Goldman will open at above $220 tomorrow morning and I can collect my profit then.

Jimbo
Old 11-06-2007, 02:21 PM

I'm a long-term investor rather than a short-term trader, but I recently did some portfolio rebalancing to trim some winners and add to some underperformers.

Trimmed:
MSFT
NOK
DKS
SYK

Bought:
FMD
COF
BDN
GLW
SMOD
Old 11-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Heh heh, good karma on my GS calls, sold then at $10.40 instead of the $9.20 I was willing to exit with yeaterday but couldn't. Gotta love a good break like that.

On another stock I still own Blue Nile traded up over $85 per share in after hours tonight on an inline earnings report with a whopping increase in 4th quarter estimates. It settled in at $83.80 after a close of $74.68. If it trades over $85 again tomorrow I will take this off the long term hold list, take my profit and find a beaten up upscale retailer to own for the 4th quarter.

Jimbo
Old 11-06-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Posted yesterday:

[ QUOTE ]
Am entering SIRI at $3.53 and XMSR at $14.70.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tripled my position in XMSR so am averaged down to $13.70 per share. Doubled my position in SIRI and am averaged down to $3.39 per share.

Sold my UAWL puts for $2.50 each, total profit on this trade of +$282.00 Doesn't quite makeup for me exiting UA to early yeaterday when I was long but it gets back some of that mistake of having an itchy trigger finger. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Also since I am a glutton for punishment I will try to buy back into ETFC if it gets back to $9.25 per share or lower today, if so I will post in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Sold all my UA stock (500 shares) at $62.00, still think it may reach $65 later this year but after exiting my option position at a profit and making over $4 per share on the stock sale it was too juicy to pass up. If it happens to drop back under $58 again anytime soon I will restablish my position. Makes me wish I had bought more this morning when it dipped in the the $56 and change range. Well as Cramer would say, "hogs get slaughtered".

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanted to comment on three of my prior posts quoted above.

Looks like I made a great decision on selling my UA after all, the CEO dumped 1.2 million shares then UA got downgraded and was selling below $50 today, think I will avoid this turd unless I find a very good reason to get back in.

Got back into ETFC at just under $9 per share, if they screw me again I am done with them but really can't see it going much lower than this.

Now I feel reall good about XMSR and SIRI, they are getting close to Justice department approval for the merger and the FCC even seems to have blessed their planned merger. The Nov 16th shareholder vote should be a formality and both these dogs may hunt before Xmas. SIRI closed at $3.51 and XMSR at $14.82.

Jimbo

Oh yeah, since Crushinfelt asked about my poor decisions too the UA puts I sold at $2.50 each traded as high as $11 today and closed at $10.50, that was some serious profit left on the table (again).
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Had a sell order in for my NILE at $85 and it just executed. Bought YHOO at $27.75 and CSCO at $33.13 hoping for a blowout earnings report tonight.

Also bought more GS 120 calls at $5.40 (only 5 of them this time)

Jimbo

PS: Bought more SIRI at $3.50 per share