Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

[ QUOTE ]

this is why i basically believe mark seif, and don't believe the icfishies guy.

besides, the icfishies guy retractred his statement. actually it was his friend who retracted it.

mark seif should not be hung out to dry and have his reputation dragged thru the mud because of slime ball AJ Green.

AJ Green needs to be imprisoned in Costa Rica for his crimes against us poker players not Mark Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if Seif had a superuser account or not. At this point, I don't think the HH's will really tell us much, because if he did have a SU account, providing doctored HH's that make his play appear reasonable would be very easy to do.

What I do know is that Seif's website was used for earlier denials, Seif seemed to be the only person whom was not convinced of impropriety after viewing the potripper tourney results, Seif continues to give AP "the benefit of the doubt", while focusing his outrage on parties instrumental in exposing the fraud that was taking place at AP.

If Seif wants to salvage his reputation, I would suggest he start by clarifying his relationship with AP. Is he a part owner, a consultant, a spokesperson? Who made the denials on his website? I want names. Unless he is completely transparent with his relationship with AP and with what he knows about the scandal, how can he expect people to believe him?

I also suggest that he direct his outrage where it belongs - the perpetrators of the fraud, not the victims. If Seif is in fact innocent, it is not Todd who has damaged his reputation, but rather those at AP with whom he is associated.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:30 PM

if he quit AP how could he cover his poker losses
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

Normally, I hate when attorneys bog down these AP threads fighting over what I perceive to be minutiae, but have any attorneys reviewed Mark and Todd's statements to see if he could be found liable in a civil lawsuit? Marks' statement sounded to me like he is preparing a suit against Todd and I am just wondering if the guy has anything to worry about.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seif knows AP would get smoked to a crisp in a US courtoom.

Paying people back what was stolen from them would be a tiny sliver of any financial settlement.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Seif or AP were to go after Dan Druff for libel, which is clearly hinted at in the post above, the only issue at question would be whether or not libel did occur. Cheating only matters to the extent that what Dan said was or wasn't true; AP could openly admit in court to an organized effort to steal millions from their customers, but if Dan knowingly made false statements in bad faith he can still be found guilty of libel.

The real twist here is that it's in no way clear what jurisdiction any legal action would take place in. There's the tribal connection in Canada, operations in Costa Rica, people in Miami, etc. Dan's statements about this matter were made on the Internet, and I have no idea how much claim each of these jurisdictions make to the content of what's said online. If I recall correctly there is also a criminal penalty for libel in Canada, unlike in most countries where it's a civil matter.

The bottom line is that Seif is doing whatever he can in order to silence Dan. If he or AP chooses to sue they may have a number of jurisdictions to choose from, which will make it expensive for Dan to defend himself no matter how baseless their lawsuit is. Real classy, Mark.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, I hate when attorneys bog down these AP threads fighting over what I perceive to be minutiae, but have any attorneys reviewed Mark and Todd's statements to see if he could be found liable in a civil lawsuit? Marks' statement sounded to me like he is preparing a suit against Todd and I am just wondering if the guy has anything to worry about.

[/ QUOTE ]

i doubt todd will be sued; i hope he isn't. i think that mark seif knows todd is only trying to get to the truth.

but at the same time if it were me being accused of being a cheater when i was completely innocent then you better believe i would want to sue the living hell out of my accusers.

as of right now the guilty party is AJ Green and possibly Scott Tom. It's why AJ is "on the lam"

[ QUOTE ]

The bottom line is that Seif is doing whatever he can in order to silence Dan. Real classy, Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. what he is doing is saying, "hey, i am not a cheater, i didn't see hole cards, and i'm sick and tired of my reputation being dragged through the mud."

people need to redirect their hate toward the real guilty parties
Old 11-01-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The bottom line is that Seif is doing whatever he can in order to silence Dan. If he or AP chooses to sue they may have a number of jurisdictions to choose from, which will make it expensive for Dan to defend himself no matter how baseless their lawsuit is. Real classy, Mark.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, good luck with suing Dan in a non-US jurisdiction and good luck with setting foot in a US courtroom.

also, good luck with threatening to file a lawsuit in the first place, as if anyone important thinks that would actually happen.

edit: also, good luck proving malice and intentional falsehood in a case whose fact pattern revolves around a hand history that, to date, has no evidence of existing
Old 11-01-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ not resigning b/c the investigation is still "ongoing". ppl cheated. AP admitted they cheated. anyone who cares about his own integrity and of the company he represents would have quit instantly. it is obvious he is more involved with the company than just as a spokesperson

[/ QUOTE ]

this is beyond absurd. mark seif's association with AP is potentially worth 10's of millions. only a complete dumbass would quit.

if he had no part in this scandel why should he suffer.

the only people who should suffer and be imprisoned are those that pulled this off.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with you... it is a bad move short term to leave the cash cow

but in a spokesperson/sponsorship/endorsement role... you are only worth as much as your reputation.. once that goes, so does your 'job' and your chance at future endorsements

maybe he is 100% innocent... but you are only as good as the company you keep... and even if he isnt associated with the actual theft... he is associated with the thieves... at least in the eyes of the public
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
<cut> at least one statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation.<cut>
-- Mark A. Seif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such a funny statement. I don't know US law, but I'd guess you have as much freedom of speech as most of us Europeans, and can say anything you want about any country, government, company or product.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Wouldn't it be ironic though if the only person who went to court and was found guilty was one of the players who AP cheated from? While AP, who admitted crimes against players ended up not even having to list the names involved who committed the crimes?

Now that's some kind of twisted justice.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't it be ironic though if the only person who went to court and was found guilty was one of the players who AP cheated from? While AP, who admitted crimes against players ended up not even having to list the names involved who committed the crimes?

Now that's some kind of twisted justice.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ya think?