Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

[ QUOTE ]
You asked:

Was taking the plunge scary?

For me, taking the plunge into the world of the unknown was not scary. I had a vision / purpose towards what I wanted to accomplish in life and a 9-5 job was not going to cut it. I just refused to let my fate be like the fate of 90% of other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically the way it was for me too. In fact, I took my first job with the intention of being self-employed within two years. I couldn't wait to start building wealth. It was still scary though when i quit. But I figured that the worst that could happen is I lose all my money and possibly have to declare bankruptcy. I decided that I could live with that, and I stopped being as afraid.

I like to say, 'who dares wins'. For some reason, that little slogan has always rang really true to me. Its the guys (and gals) willing to take substantial risk (comparatively) that get to reap the most substantial rewards. That doesn't mean that its not scary - it is. And thats not to say that its not hard - it is. But it's being scary and hard is not a good excuse to not do it.