Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Putting in my notice - SCARY!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scary?....Im absolutely petrified. So is my wife.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is completely normal. What is the biggest downside of this decision? If you can live with that, then you are golden. Fear is what keeps people in the same place for their whole lives, never realizing their true potential. Embrace it.

[ QUOTE ]

MMB this is a cry for help!! Please... anyone thats made the leap please give me some insight that may make this decision more clear today.

Thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that your boss can offer you special incentives is that he can afford to and still make money off your labor. The fact is that for every $10 you generate in revenue, your boss gets to put $4 or so in his pocket. You go into business for yourself in order to keep the whole $10, plus you get to charge other people 40% for the privilege of working for you. Thats a good deal and its a smart move. Its a hard decision. But you know what you are doing, you have years of experience, and you are already on the road to success in a growth industry. Don't let the fear stop you from getting where you want to go!

Who dares wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the kick in the butt. Im pretty clear now on what I want to do. Now the tricky part is how to explain what I want to do with my bosses so that I dont get fired in this next 30 days and lose a powerful job reference. This is my only real fear now.

I think I just need to accept the fact that Im not going to be 100% ready to make this leap in 30 days....and Im sure Ill have some more mini-breakdowns before April is over. I just need to keep focused and not let emotion take the better of me.

Thanks for all the advice and Id love to see some more responses here as I update the thread.

Richard