Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 02:23 PM

Default tptk, multiway

villain, no reads, stats 26/10/1.7/100
mp3, loose, vpip around 50
others uknown.

How would you play rest of the hand?

Cryptologic 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB calls, Hero
Old 07-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: tptk, multiway

The turn check was way risky, as CO would've been perfectly within his rights to raise the flop with a flush or straight draw &amp; then take the free card. When he does bet, I like a check/raise in the hopes that it will at least whittle down the field somewhat...although there really aren't many river cards that you're hoping to see.

If he 3bets I think we need to call it on the turn &amp; release when any of those danger cards come on the river (diamond, 9, Q, K, and an A if it'll cost us more than 1 bet to show down), check/call otherwise.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM

* grunch *

(keep in mind I only play 2/4 live, never internet)

I 3bet the flop. All flush draws are coming along for the ride regardless so I make them pay the maximum. CO could very well be on a flush draw as well do don't let him get away with a free card raise attempt (which is the exact play I would have used in CO's position). Turn I would then lead and take it from there...

GcluelessnoobG
Old 07-04-2007, 04:24 PM

The problem is that the flushdraw will have more equity then you: you aren't making the flushdraw pay.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that the flushdraw will have more equity then you: you aren't making the flushdraw pay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed; in fact I think flush draws should 4bet this flop with 5 players remaining. But don't we have to make all other weaker draws (top pair weaker kicker, 2nd pair, 3rd pair, gutshots, etc.) pay as much as possible right now on the flop?
Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 AM

3bet the flop for pure value and work from there. Given that you didnt 3bet the flop, you must bet the turn. Dont let the CO get a free card if hes on a draw.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:57 AM

3-bet the flop and lead the turn if he doesn't cap the flop.

As played, bet the turn.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:46 PM

I don't like 3-betting the flop OOP. I'd sort of like 3-betting the flop with position except for the fact that it probably means I am three-betting a check-raiser.

One line that I sometimes do is to call the raise on the flop and bet the turn on a safe card, but check and evalate the action behind me on a scare card. I might also call the flop raise and bet the turn regardless of what comes, often folding if raised again.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like 3-betting the flop OOP. I'd sort of like 3-betting the flop with position except for the fact that it probably means I am three-betting a check-raiser.

One line that I sometimes do is to call the raise on the flop and bet the turn on a safe card, but check and evalate the action behind me on a scare card. I might also call the flop raise and bet the turn regardless of what comes, often folding if raised again.

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect.

edit: if the flop was less coordinated, like J24, it becomes an easy 3B.

think of equities, not hand values on this flop.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Excuse me? A flush draw never has more equity than a made hand, obviously. He might be raising a flush draw because of a pot equity edge over the field, but in that case it's only good for you, because you have a larger pot equity edge over the field. Unless you're up against a combo draw between multiple players; ie, a KQ and an A6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. (ok, that came out wrong, and the latter is probably what was meant. Still, wanted to clear up that point.)

A stop 'n go seems right here: not sure whether you are ahead, lots of turn cards that break you, big equity boost on the turn. So as played, bet the turn. I would probably 3 bet the flop here, but I think a call is better.